Chapter 15

Snape was happy that Rose had called him dad, even as a joke.
When he thought about it though... He knew it was payback towards James Potter from taking Lily from him.

For having a child with Lily that he could have had himself. However... Knowing that Rose was a sweet girl such as herself and was already close to Snape... He knew he couldn't hate towards James anymore.

James died for the child and fate gave her to him. Even if that meant he was the father figure of the young girl but not the true father.
Dumbledore walked over, slightly smirking.

"You and Rose have become close in a year." He commented.
"Of course we are becoming close. She see's me as a father figure." Snape shrugged.
"Think of what you said Severus. She has her uncle. Surely, he was her second father figure." Dumbledoe spoke.
"She had James. Vernon was never a father figure. She was too old when she moved in, she never saw him as more than her uncle." Severus explained.
"Just because Vernon was never her father figure, he is still the male that has supported and will support her life. The one to give her away when she is to be married." Dumbledore explained.

"No he wont. Remus Lupin and Sirius Black will be doing that. We both know it." Severus snapped.
"Remus will not return. He has lost all of his friends. As for Sirius, he will never be released from Azkaban." Dumbledore spoke. "But, since when do you care enough about Rose to concider what she would like?" Dumbledore questioned.
"She many not be my daughter, however she might as well be. That child will always have my support. Even if she has others in her life that about her such as myself. Always." Snape told Dumbledore.
"Severus, you must rethink this. Her brother, Harry, will come next year. Will you handle? She cares for her brother more than anything. You, treating Harry wrong may cause Rose to hate you." Dumbledore tried to explain.

"She would never hate me for that. She understands everything about what the Marauders did. I will try to be kind to Harry for her sake, keep him safe. He is still Lily's child and I will protect him just as much as Rose." He spoke before storming away.