14-The Map

"Harry?"

"We need to talk."

Her eyes darted to the Marauders Map, again and suddenly she felt as though her world had come crashing down. He knew, he knew about her and Malfoy. As she got closer she felt her hands begin to shake and as she looked up there was a look in Harry's eyes of complete devastation, a look she had only seen once before. When Cedric died.

"Why, what is it?"

"Last week when you had detention, I head that Malfoy also had detention with you on the same day so to make sure everything went okay I had a look on the map. I thought it was going well but then afterwards I saw him...push you into a wall in the corridor. I assumed that he must have hurt you or something but when I was going to ask you about it you were gone. So I went to look for you on the map again but I watched as you disappeared and Malfoy followed you. Is he hurting you or something? Making you do his homework?"

"What no!"

"He is a selfish git Hermione, you can tell me, I'm your friend."

"No you don't understand, it's not like that."

"If he has cursed you not to tell anyone then write it down or something."

"Harry! Shut up. You don't know what you are talking about." She almost yelled. She didn't want to lie to him but she couldn't tell him the truth, couldn't tell him that they were working together on the clue. "We were working together in potions and we started doing advanced potions homework for professor Slughorn."

"He is a Deatheater Hermione, why can't you do further potions with someone else."

"Because he is at the same level as me Harry. You don't understand, he is not the same. He has changed."

"He hasn't changed, he is probably tricking you."

"No, he has changed and so have I. It's you that hasn't changed. You act like the war never happened but it did, people died, people did things they didn't want to do to keep their families safe. Haven't you ever questioned that maybe he didn't want to do Voldemorts bidding."

She couldn't take any more of this. With that she turned on her heel and walked of, ignoring that fact that Harry was calling her name from behind her. She didn't know where she was going, didn't care. It wasn't long before she found herself back outside the room of requirement. She quickly willed for the doors to appear and went inside. Once in there she realised that the room had the dark green decor of slytherin. Then she saw as Malfoy stood up from one of the armchairs. "You are still here?"

"Yeah, why are you back?"

"I...uh...Harry cornered me outside the common room and he has noticed that I have been gone and now knows that I've been meeting up with you."

"Uh, how did he even find out?"

"It's this weird map of the castle, it shows where everyone is."

"Merlin's beard. Why does Potter always have an unfair advantage. What did you tell him?"

She walked over and sat down on one of the chairs by the fire. "I said that we were doing advanced potions homework together. I don't think he bought it. It's only a mater of time till he tells Ron and then the cats out of the bag."

"It's more like the cat is gone and the bag has been ripped to shreds. What are you going to do." He replied as he too sat down.

"I... I don't know. I can't go back to the common room now, he will just try to persuade me that you are a despicable deatheater again."

"Wait, so he is trying to persuade you that I'm a deatheater?"

"Yeah."

"I don't know about being a deatheater but I certainly am despicable." He smirked. Then with a flick of his wand behind her, she suddenly heard a clunking sound. She instantly turned around to see a floating pot of coffee pouring the hot liquid into two cups. With another flick of his want the jug vanished and the mugs floated over onto the small coffee table between them.

"Coffee? Really?"

He held his hands up in defence. "What? You looked like you could use a warm drink, anyway it's decaf so don't worry."

"Oh, umm thank you."

"I think you are going to have to talk to Harry, Granger."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean I don't like Potter but if he is this Saint that you all make him out to be then he must realise that you have made your decision."

She took a sip of the coffee, the bitter sweet flavour calming her nerves. "Why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden, no snarky comments, no mention of how you are so much better than everyone else?"

"Out of the golden trio, I dislike you the least and it annoys me when the people you say are your friends turn on you so quickly. I want to make sure that they are wrong about you and therefore wrong about me."

"So you are being nice to uphold your new reputation?"

"I'm being nice to make sure my new reputation is true." He then took a sip of his coffee, and smirked as he set the mug back on the table. "If you want I will go straight back to the snarky comments tomorrow then."

"Yeah, you without the sarcasm just isn't you."She smiled.

He chuckled darkly as he ran a hand through his hair.

Suddenly he grabbed his arm and hissed, instantly rolling up his sleeve revealing the dark mark on his forearm. "Ah, the mark it's burning."

"What?" She stood up instantly, adrenaline now running through her veins.

"It's burning." He said as he desperately rubbed at his forearm as if he were trying to get the mark off.

"How? Has it ever done that before?"

"It did this right after I took the mark." He frowned then and stopped tearing at his arm. "That's odd, it's stopped. Granger I have a bad feeling about this."

"Listen, Harry's scar used to burn sometimes when Voldemort was feeling emotional." She then started to walk over to the door but before she could Malfoy stood up and grabbed her wrist, knocking the coffee table over in the process, the mugs crashing to the floor.

"We aren't going to go crying to Potter, Granger."

"But this might mean something, what if...what if he's back."

"Don't say that Granger."

"If he is though we need to be prepared."

"No!"

"No?"

"Last time you got tortured by my aunt and there was nothing I could do. I'm not going to let it happen again."

"I thought you hated me."

He let go of her wrist and wouldn't look her in the eye. "I do hate you, but what I hate even more is how willing you are to sacrifice yourself."

She couldn't think of anything to say back to him at that. Suddenly there was a loud crash and the doors to the room of requirement swung open.

A/N:Hay, thank you for reading so far. I will try and get another Draco POV in the next chapter but I can't promise anything. BYEEE!