Chapter Two

Chapter Two
Bomb

Eve was shocked when she walked into her brother's kinda girlfriend's apartment to see her sister sitting at the counter with a glass of wine in her hand.

"I'll be damned, He's not just delusional," Eve spoke as she stared at her older sister.

"Maybe you are both delusional." Maddie chuckled as she got up to hug her sister.

Laughing along with her sister Eve pulled Maddie into a hug, a hug that she had been missing for a few years.

"I've missed you so much." Eve said with a final squeeze before stepping out of the hug.

"I've missed you both." Maddie's smile lowered slightly.

"Wait," Eve turned towards her brother who was making breakfast for dinner."is she why you said your not making me dinner?"

"Kind of?"

"So you kept the fact our sister is here from me?"

Maddie chuckled in amusement. "That's not what happened."

Eve looked between her brother and her sister confused as to what she meant. "Huh?"

"He thought I was someone else...while I was in the shower." Maddie admitted

Eve's serious expression changed in two seconds and she started laughing to the point where she couldn't breath.

"You think there is any way we can unsee that?" Buck questioned his older sister as he finished cooking.

"Oh come on I used to give you both baths." Maddie rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, when we where two." Buck argued in response.

Buck began handing a plat of eggs and bacon to his sisters when a question popped in his head. "How did you even get in here?"

"I told the building manager I was your sister." Maddie answered like it was nothing.

A puzzled look found its way onto Buck's features"And he just believed you?"

"Well, having boobs doesn't hurt." Maddie shrugged as she took the plate Buck was handing her.

"How's you know where I live? And why didn't you get into her apartment?" Buck pointed to his twin who was already stuffing her face with food while sharing with her dog.

"Well first," Maddie started. "I went to the address the Christmas cards keep coming from, and the guy said you two were here, but Eve had a dog and I didn't want to get into that mess."

"Wait." Buck looked at his older sister with furrowed brows. "So you did get our Christmas cards?"

"And you didn't say or do anything?" Eve added with the same expression as her twin.

Maddie's face fell into slight guilt. "I'm sorry I haven't been in touch much lately."

"Maddie, it's been three years." Eve spoke her voice pained and hurt.

"We haven't heard from you in three years." Buck added.

"Yeah I know, and it's not what I wanted."

Buck and Eve shared a serious look before buck spoke their next question. "And where is Doug?"

Maddie took a deep breath in before she pushed herself out of her seat. "Don't know, don't care."

"You left him?" Eve immediately asked.

"Finally."

"Geez Madds." Buck sighed. "Come on, what took you so long?"

"What can I say? Mom was right." Maddie answered.