Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven
Elevator Adventure

THE GROUP of four made it to a different floor and into the hall. Ali was leaned against the wall leaning towards the ground while Buck made sure that her rope was still secure— Eddie and Eve where one the other side of the hall waiting for them to be done so they could keep moving.

"Command says there's this egress in the north stairwell of this floor." Eddie told the group.

"What if it's blocked too?" Ali asked. "Can't you guys get a ladder into one of the windows?"

"It's not that simple." Eve spoke as she slowly moved down the hall, careful not to slip.

"It's too risky." Eddie added following after the blonde. "The building shifted too much."

"No, we got this, Abby." Buck assured. "we'll get you out of here."

Eve glanced behind her when her brother spoke the wrong name. "B."she mutter feeling bad for her twin, she knew he missed Abby and it hurt her inside a little.

"Ali." Ali corrected.

"Buck looked at the blonde confused as to why she was saying her name when they all knew it. "What?" He questioned his brows knitted together.

"You call me Abby." Ali answered. "My name's Ali."

"Uh, yeah. Sorry." Buck apologized awkwardly. "Um, Abby is my..." the firefighter paused. "It's complicated."

Ali released a chuckle as she followed carefully after Buck."Isn't it always?" She asked.

"No this is extra complicated." Eve whispered enough for Eddie to hear which made him chuckle and shake his head.

"Uh," buck began to explain his complicated relationship. "She's in Europe. She's traveling. For the first time, I'm glad she's not around. I don't need the worry."

Ali released a grunt as she leaned against the wall beside a cart that had different beverages and snacks. "Having someone to worry about sounds...nice, actually."

Eve glanced towards Ali as she and the other two firefighters moved some debris that was blocking their way.

"All I do is work." The blonde continued taking a drink of a small alcohol bottle causing everyone to look at her.

"What?" She laughed when she realized they where looking at her. "It's after five." She told them, putting the lid back on the bottles "it's not like it slowed us down."

Before everyone began to move buck stoped them all making everyone freeze and listen to something buck had potentially heard.

"Is anyone there?" A faint voice was heard.

"You guys hear that?" Buck questioned.

"Help!" The same voice yelled again. "Is anyone there?"

Buck moved to the room door beside them where the voice seemed to be coming from and to the crowbar and pushed the door open.

Eve entered the room first when she saw someone's leg. Careful not to repeat the earlier event of falling out a building she moved a cart out of the way revealing a man on his back unable to move