Chapter Forty Eight

S3Ep11-Seize the Day

Chapter Forty Eight
Oh Brother

THE 118 had decided to throw a little party for Chimney do to his birthday being earlier that week. A birthday that was ruined by his half brother dropping by asking for a place to sleep.

"Hey, Chim," Bobby spoke from the kitchen. "you mind if I take home some of this birthday cake for Harry and May?"

Chimney was sitting at one of the small tables eating his cake. "Sure." He answered in a tone Everlyn noticed was off and seemingly annoyed at life. "knock yourself out."

"Thank you." Bobby smiled before Buck spoke from his spot at the bar.

"How are they doing?" Buck asked.

Eve turned her self around in her chair beside Eddie to face Bobby. "And how's Michael?"

"Uh, he's up beat." Bobby answered looking between the pair. "He's fighting. Radiation was supposed to be his best shot. Now we're all grappling with pinning our hopes on his second best shot, surgery."

"How are the kids handling it." Eddie asked.

"Well, I think Harry's okay." Bobby again answered the questions that where flowing his way. "I'm worried about May. She's got a better understanding of what going on."

"That's cause older siblings don't have the luxury of blissful ignorance." Chimney muttered grabbing everyone's attention. "They understand the truth even if they don't want to."

Bobby sent a confused look to Buck and Eve who knew what was going on.

"Guessing it's not going too well with Albert." Buck stated turning around in his seat.

"Maddie told you?" Chimney questioned the older twin before looking to Eve. "And you?"

"Ooh, sorry." Buck muttered. "Was she not supposed to?"

Eve laid her head on the table shaking her head. "Based off his reaction I guess not, Evan." She murmured.

Eddie looked at Eve confused that she didn't tell him anything about whatever it was that was going on. "Whoa Albert?" He questioned. "And why didn't you tell me." He whispered into Eve's ear.

"Because, my love," Eve lifted her head. "Whatever is said by either one of my dear siblings that I don't think I'm allowed to share isn't going to be shared to you."

"Don't I get the I'm married to you scoop though."

Eve laughed. "Sorry babe."

Eddie sighed. "Who's Albert?" He asked again.

"He's my younger half brother from Korea." Chimney answered with a deep sigh. "He showed up on my doorstep. Not quite the birthday surprise I was expecting."

"That's awesome." Eddie told his friend. "I didn't even know you had a kid brother."

"Yeah," Bobby agreed. "When do we get to meet him?"

Chimney looked at the group lifting his head off of his fist. "Well, that doesn't really seem necessary. He's gonna be leaving soon anyways. My dad insisted on it."

"Come on, you finally have a chance to get to know your brother." Buck said with more enthusiasm than chimney.

"No, I don't know." Chimney grumbled. "It just feels weird to me. Sure we share some of the same DNA, but he's still practically a stranger to me."

"I keep telling you." Hen muttered giving chimney a paper and moving on to the different people surrounding him. "Family comes to us in different ways, Chim. Lean in. And don't think you're gonna send him home without meeting all of us."