Chapter Fifty Seven

S3ep16-The one that got away

Didn't even have to look at the title of the episode to type that...I have a problem.

Chapter Fifty Seven
Left Behind

"WHOO!"Buck shouted throwing a towel into the locker. "That was something, huh?"

Last night the 118 was at a huge burning apartment building that was ready to collapse and everyone one living inside had made it out alive.

"A fire that big, and no fatalities." Buck continued while everyone finished changing out of their work clothes so they could go home. "We have to celebrate. We should hit up that bar on Pico, you know, the one with the loaded fries. First rounds in me. I would invite Wren but she's working."

"Wish we could, man." Eddie spoke, closing his locker and grabbing Eve's hand. "Christopher's hosting his first sleepover tonight."

"You're more than welcome to come and celebrate with a bunch of nine year olds." Eve joked.

Buck laughed. "The rest of us will toast your absence."

"These kids are lucky you're the one cooking." Eddie stated after they walked out of the locker room.

Eve smiled. "We all know that."

THE NEXT shift Buck came telling them about the older firefighter he met at the bar.

"Red," Buck voiced his new buddy's name. "Is a 40 year veteran of the department. Two citations for bravery. Now he lives alone in a one bedroom apartment he pays for with his pension."

"Well," Eddie spoke, getting into position to hit the pool ball. "from the way you described him, he sounds like he's okay with that."

"Some people like being alone." Eve stated, looking up from her book.

"Well, I'm not okay with it." Buck told the group.

"Nice one, Eddie." Bobby congratulated the brunette after he hit the ball and made it into one of the pockets.

"So it's all about you." Chimney mostly teased.

"No," Buck denied. "come on. That's not what I'm saying."

"It does seem like his situation is bothering you." Bobby said ready to take his shot. "More than it bothers him."

"Yeah." Buck agreed with the captain. "I mean, it does bother me. Look, red has no friends, no family. All the guys from the 134, they don't talk anymore. It's like they just left him behind."

"I'm sure they didn't mean to." Hen reassured. "Life gets busy. It's easy for people to lose touch, especially when you don't work in the same firehouse anymore."

"Well," Buck started, "that's doesn't make sense to me. I mean, that would never happen to us."

Eve grabbed a napkin and shoved it into her book to keep her place before she got up and stepped beside her twin. "Well you're kinda stuck with me which means your stuck with Eddie. You're also stuck with Maddie who is stuck with chimney. And then Hen and chim probably wouldn't ever leave each other so, that only leaves Bobby which I'm pretty sure he's keep in contact."