Chapter Forty Seven

S3Ep11 Seize the Day

Warning there is mention of drugs.

Chapter Forty Seven
Parents and the Truth

"REMEMBER to control the temperature as you cook." Eve told her stepson as she stood behind him, helping him cook the ground meat for spaghetti. "You don't want to burn the meat."

"I bet your mom is a good mom." Christopher commented as he stirred the meat. "Because you're a great mom."

Eve inhaled and closed her eyes for a brief second not wanting to cry. "Thank you."

"Will we ever get to meet your mom and dad?" Christopher asked.

"I, uh," Eve started answering not entirely sure how to. "I'm not sure."

"Well if they're like you, I can't wait to meet them." Christopher beamed.

Eve didn't say anything just continued teaching Christopher how to cook.

After dinner however, Eve excused herself from from the table as her thoughts where slowly getting the better of her.

Eddie quickly caught onto her mood change and since Charlie was already asleep due to her finally being in a schedule and it being 8 pm Eddie followed Eve.

When Eddie made it to their room Eve was in their bathroom, sitting in the floor with her legs pulled to her chest as she silently cried. She also had Zeus curled up against her, allowing her to pet him to try and sooth her.

"Eve," Eddie muttered, sitting beside her. "What's wrong?"

"Christopher mentioned my parents." Eve muttered. "And how great they must be since I'm such a great mom." The blonde released a small sob. "They aren't as great as he thinks. They neglected me and still do."

Eddie pulled Eve into him and ran his hand through her hair. "Oh honey." He muttered kissing her head.

"Why did they neglect me?" Eve asked more to the world than to Eddie. "It wasn't just the drug thing. It was before that too. Maybe it was my seizures. They hated hospitals and they had to go to one every 6 months for a check up. Or maybe I wasn't the planned baby, but then again they kind of neglected Buck and didn't treat him like their kid."

"You did nothing wrong." Eddie told his wife. "Some parents don't do a good job of parenting, okay? Nothing you ever did was wrong. You can't control your epilepsy, you didn't true to over dose when you were younger. It was your parents fault for not being parents."

"I-I know that, mentally." Eve muttered. "But I don't feel that."

"I know I can't change how you feel." Eddie spoke cupping Eve's cheek and turning her head so she would look at him. "But I can assure you that I will never neglect you for anything you do wrong, and I will always be there whenever you call or don't. I love you and you're stuck with me."

Eve smiled slightly. "Thank you." She whispered.

WORK WENT as well as it could. The 118 had a few calls. One was a car accident with not casualties, another was an elderly man had a heart attack, and one was a little girl who had her first seizure which hit close to home for the Buckley Twins, but they where fine by the end of the call.

Now one of the calls closer to the end of shift was something else.

"Ma'am," Chimney spoke as he and the team jogged to the center of the crowd at a lake. "Let us get in there."

Eve began feeling around the collapsed man's neck due to a live fish being stuck after he was trying to take cool pictures with it.

"The fish just jumped down his throat." Cheryl, the man's wife spoke.