Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four
Truth and Worrying

Eve somehow managed to convince a nurse to let her sit in the lobby with her friends because she was starting to get restless and was bound to try and leave the hospital...again.

So Eve sat in a wheelchair next to Eddie, with her head rested on his shoulder and their finger interlocked.

"So chimney goes online to one of those Internet forums for new mothers." Hen spoke, telling everyone who wanted to listen about one of Chimney's best moments. "They all give him advice."

"Skin-to-skin contact works best." Eve spoke reciting one of the things mother said about helping get Denny to fall asleep while him and Eve babysat

"No, the sound of a vacuum cleaner." Hen added.

"A cool breeze is soothing." Eve continued a smile on her face.

"A vacuum to stop a baby crying?" Eddie inquired with furrowed brows. "I missed out on all this. Which one did he go with?"

"All of them." Hen and Eve answered causing everyone to erupt in laughter.

"We come home and find him asleep, shirtless on the floor with Denny on top of him, a fan blowing at them and the vacuum cleaner running in the corner and Eve cleaning the mess in our kitchen." Hen finished.

"I mean they all worked." Eve shrugged laughing along with everyone.

"Wow," Eddie spoke. "Uh, he went all out, huh?"

"He always does." Hen answered.

"Always puts his heart into everything." Eve added looking at her hands. She was starting to feel bad that she was the one awake and not him. That he got it worse than her. But like normal eve snapped out of her guilty thoughts and spoke again. "Wait, does this mean you told a story about me?" She questioned nervously, she wasn't ready to hear the embarrassing story Hen shared.

"Oh of course." Hen answered.

"Which one?" Eve groaned.

"The one where you got stuck in a tree helping free a squirrel from a kite that was stuck in the branches." Hen smiled.

"Oh God." Eve grumbled covering her face. "Why that one?"

"Because it's one that shows you care about anything and everything." Hen answered causing eve to smile at the women.

"Hey, hey." Michael announced his and Harry's presence.

"Hey." Hen greeted getting to her feet followed by Eddie who pushed eve closer to the group.

"What are you guys doing here?" Hen asked.

"Oh, Harry and I were out." Micheal answered. "I needed to get some coffee. Then we thought,you guy's probably need some too."

"Oh My God." Eve spoke with wide eyes. "Actual food and coffee?" She beamed.

"We haven't met," Eddie spoke after laughing at Eve. "but I love you. Eddie." He introduced himself shaking Michael's hand.

"Michael. Pleasure." Micheal shook Eddie's hand before turning to Eve.

"What happened to loving me?" Eve joked, looking up at Eddie.

"I'll always love you." Eddie answered, kissing the blonde's cheek.

"Mhm." She hummed.

"How are you feeling?" Micheal questioned the blonde who sat dressed in a nightgown in a wheelchair. "I see you threatened some doctors to let you leave the room."