Chapter Thirty One

S2Ep18- This Life We Chose

Chapter Thirty One
Explosion with Some News

KNOWING BETTER Eve tried moving but she immediately regretted it when the pain of her broken hip filled her lower body.

Through the windshield, that was no longer covered with glass, she saw a blurry female figure walk towards the truck. "You're both new." He commented.

Eve blinked a few times trying to clear her vision and maybe the headache she had, but based off the fact she felt blood on her face she knew it wasn't going to help.

"Buck." Eve spoke trying to know how bad her brother's injuries where.

Buck groaned in pain. "Where are you?" Buck muttered through the pain he was feeling in his broken ankle.

"S-stuck in the truck." Eve answered, tears flowing down her face. She was in extreme pain and fear was flowing through every part of her body. "What are your injuries?"

"My f-foot is stuck." He answered through a groan. "What about you?"

"Broken hip and my legs are pinned." Eve answered moving her left arm. "And I have a nice piece of glass in my arm."

Eve could hardly hear anything but ringing in her ears. But she did hear as the kid yelled for the fire captain of the 118.

"Where's the Captain?!" Freddie yelled at the top of his lungs.

Eve next heard and watched as chimney stepped forward with his hands raised saying that he was the captain.

"I'm the captain," chimney told the boy. "So please just let me help them, okay? Please."

"No," Freddy snapped. "No, I don't want you. I want Captain Nash."

"Freddie!" Eve now heard Bobby yell as he walked near the kid with a bomb strapped to his chest.

"Thought you'd be in that truck." Freddie told the man with his hands raised.

"I'm here now." Bobby shrugged. "What's next? It's what you wanted."

"I wanted you dead." Freddie told the man, pure hatred filling his tone.

"I get that." Bobby admitted, walking towards the bomber. "What about them? What about him," Bobby pointed at Buck who was pinned on the asphalt. "Or her?" He pointed to Eve who was hand sideways in able to move. "They have parents, and a sister. He has a girlfriend and she married, they never did anything to you. They weren't even firefighters when your father burned down that restaurant."

Freddy glared at Bobby. "Collateral damage."

Hen had to grab Eddie's arm to stop him from running to help his best friend and wife. It brought Eddie his own kind of pain to watch Eve's face contort from pleading for her life and pain. He hated watching her struggle to get free only to close her eyes in pain.

"Is that how you see yourself?" Bobby continued talking to the young boy ready to kill people. "An unintended victim in all this?" Bobby questioned walking around Freddie

"Stop." Freddie demanded. "One more step, we all go boom."

"Freddie, you got dealt a bad hand, ab I'm sorry about that." Bobby apologized trying to calm the boy down. "But what you did with it—that's a choice. You stopped being a victim the moment you left that first bomb."