Chapter Twenty Eight

S2Ep15- Ocean's 9-1-1

This is going to be written like the episode meaning there are going to be flashbacks.
Y'all aren't ready for this chapter btw...or maybe you are idk

Chapter Twenty Eight
Interviewing the innocent to find the guilty

TURNS OUT when cops find thousands upon thousands of dollars stashed away in a fire engine it means that the people in call get to be questioned, along with the dispatcher and even Athena.

"So, Ms. Buckley." Detective Mercer began questioning the blonde. "300,000 dollars stashed into the 118 ladder truck."

"Any clue how it got there?" Detective Wash asked.

Eve shook her head. "No, and may I ask why you think I would?" The blonde asked with furrowed brows.

"Because you're with the 118." Detective Mercer sated. "And you were at the bank and the money was stolen."

Eve chuckled and shook her head. "I was busy helping get two people, one of which was my friend out of the very locked vault."

"Mhm," Detective Mercer hummed. "But it looks like you're sister was the dispatcher."

"Looks like our money trouble is over." The Detective read one of Maddie's text in the sibling group chat they had made. "That's the text your sister sent you and your brother right after she took the 911 call. Want to explain?"

"Yeah, I would." Eve sassed. "Maddie's landlord agreed after a long time of being an ass, to let her out of her lease and refund the security deposit.

Flashback

"Still nothing from the landlord?" Buck questioned his older sister as he got in the drive seat of his Jeep.

"Oh yeah," Eve spoke. "Has he finally stopped being a dick about letting off?"

Eve had stayed her last night at her now sold house, with Buck leading to them going to work together and driving Maddie to the call center.

"Not since he said he had to consult his lawyers." Maddie questioned watching Buck hand Eve a bag of decorations. "What's all that?"

"Uh. Decorations for Chimney's welcome back party." Eve answered looking in the bag.

"Hen is insisting," Buck added. "don't know why. Chimney said he didn't want anyone to make a bid deal."

"I really hope he has a great first day back." Maddie stated.

"You want us to tell him that?" Buck questioned.

"No." Maddie answered.

"Do you really think we're gonna believe that your sister took the call and dispatched her little siblings team?" Detective wash questioned the blonde

"If you look at all of Maddie's calls you'd see that it happens a lot more that you'd think." Eve answered leaning back in her seat.

"Sure, but you are getting married, and that cost a lot of money." Detective Mercer piggybacked off her partner.

"Yeah, well we kind of changed our mind about venues." Eve stated. "We're doing it in our backyard because we really don't care about something fancy."

"Sure." The detective nodded.

"Go ahead and ask the rest of the team." Eve instructed, leaning back in her seat and crossing her arms.

"We will." Detective Wash told the blonde. "Would you say that Firefighter Wilson was nervous yesterday during your shift?"