Chapter Three

Chapter Three
Microwave

KNOWING she wouldn't even have a chance to get picked for the firefighter calendar, which in its long name it said men, but Eve said screw that, plus women and the word men in it.

So now she sat with Chimney and Hen smiling through both her's and Chimney's photos.

Eve had Maddie take the pictures which she was more than happy to do. And they where taken really well.

"Alright, so I don't give a fly fuck if this is for men or what not." Eve spoke flopping down beside Hen on the sofa in the fire station. "I had Maddie take pictures. My personal favorite is with Zeus." She pulled out her phone and went to her photos.

Chimney was already seated with his laptop open and flipping through the pictures Eddie's niece took. "So what do you guys think? I didn't want to overwhelm them with too many choices, so..."

Eve nodded along with his words as he finished flipping through the photos. "They look nice, his niece really does know her way around iPhone filters. I didn't take but four pictures." The blonde began flipping through the four pictures she had Maddie take of her. The first one was her in her firefighter pants and a sports bra leaning against a ax in front of her—not her favorite—the second was in the same outfit with her arms crossed—again she didn't like it— last one she was in casual wear with Zeus in her arms licking her face as she laughed—that was her favorite. "Thoughts?"

"Mhm mhm." Hen hummed as she looked between Chimney's computer and Eve's phone. "Um, I think that it's, I'm, a little...overwhelming."

Chin sighed looking back at his pictures. "You think it's ridiculous." He stated.

"And that we shouldn't do this." Eve added with the same sigh.

"No," hen denied from beside the pair. "No, I mean...Chim, Eve, I kind of think the whole thing is ridiculous."

"You don't think we have a shot." Chim read in between the lines.

"The pictures are cool." Hen stated before going into a deeper explanation. "I just- I don't have these answers for you. I'm not into beefcake calendars."

Eve sighed and bowed her head. "Yeah."

"I know, I know." Chim spoke a little disappointed

"Why is this so important to you guys?"

"Because growing up, I never saw any heroes who looked like me." Chimney explained disappointed.

"And I just want people to know, women can do this too." Eve added. "We're not some weak girls who need saving."

"I can understand both of those." Hen nodded along with them.

"I mean, not in tv, not in movies." Chim continued. "We're always the computer geek who hacks into the system for the white fit or the evil Tong drug lord. Or the guy in the dry cleaners in a fabric softener commercial. You know when a kid thinks about a fighter fighter do they think of me? Do they think of you two?"

"Yeah, but I'm not taking my shirt off for that calendar."

"Technically one of mine I'm wearing both pants and a T-shirt." Eve joked which pulled a snicker from both her friends. "But yeah, you're right." She sighed looking at the photo of her and Zeus. "I'm not going to take my shirt off for this." She stated deleting the photos.

"Me, either." Chimney sighed, closing his laptop and getting up to walk off, which Eve followed after him.

"Guys..." hen spoke, she felt bad for making them change their minds about the calendar.