Chapter Twenty Three

Unwilling to Rest

EVE KEPT going in and out of consciousness, she felt the blood drain from her body, she felt her body becoming weaker and weaker by every minute that passed.

She tried keeping pressure on her wounds she also tried crawling out of the apartment to find Chimney who she knew Doug attacked.

"Eve!" Eddie's voice shouted as he rushed into the apartment.

"Eddie." Eve spoke barely above a whisper.

Pure panic run through Eddie when he saw the blonde bleeding out. The brunette slid beside his fiancé and immediately pressed down on her wounds. Eddie removed his jacket and pressed it to the girl's abdomen. "Stay with me alright?"

"Chimney?" Eve inquired. "Where's chimney?"

"Doug got him." Eddie spoke. "Got him bad."

Eve groaned out of both pain and frustration at the man who was still screwing everyone's life up. "Go help him. I'm fine." Eve coughed proving she was not fine.

"Buck has him, and the ambulance is on it's way." Eddie spoke. "Talk to me, alright?"

"So that I st-stay awake?" Eve questioned weakly.

"Pretty much." Eddie answered rubbing the blonde's cheek causing her to lean into his hand.

"We-we need to pick a venue." Eve spoke trying to stay awake.

"I guess we do." Eddie muttered. Eddie watched as the life slowly left eve. Watched as the color drained from her face and watching her eyes become heavy while she fought to stay awake. "The question is are we having it inside or outside?"

"W-we can ha-have the ceremony outside," Eve started with grunt from the pain she was feeling. "Then ev-everything after that in-inside."

"That doesn't sound to bad." Eddie agreed as the ambulance arrived, the vehicle could be heard arriving on scene.

"Eve!" Buck shouted rushing inside to see his sister laying in her pool of blood.

"H-hey Buck." Eve muttered.

"She's awake?" Buck asked Eddie who had pressure on her abdomen with his right hand and his left hand on her cheek.

"Barely." Eddie answered.

"H-he took her." Eve stated as paramedics rushed inside. "Doug."

"She has a weak pulse and is barely awake." Eddie explained. "She's lost a lot of blood."

"We've got it from here." One of the paramedics spoke taking over. "How is she still awake?" He inquired relishing how much blood she truly lost.

"Because comas s-suck." Eve muttered.

"Alright let's try fighting a little longer." Another paramedic spoke.

"I'll go with her." Eddie spoke. "You stay here to speak to police."

Buck nodded, he couldn't speak. His twin was dying and his older sister was missing.