Chapter Sixty Seven

S4Ep3-Future Tense

Chapter Sixty Seven
A little therapy talk

"DO YOU think we need to get a new coffee maker?" Eddie questioned his wife as he made a cup for both him and Eve.

Eve turned her head from the eggs and sausage in her pan to the coffee maker Eddie was standing at. "Is it crapping out?"

"No," Eddie muttered, "but it is pretty old."

Eve chuckled to herself, "if it works perfectly fine and does what we want it to do then we don't need some fancy new one. Unless you're wanting to make some special coffee that a coffee place makes."

"Fair point," Eddie agreed, placing her cup next to the stove and kissing her cheek, "I'm going to go get the kids up."

"Thank you, handsome," Eve smiled taking her coffee and drinking some.

THE FIRST CALL the 118 attended to was as usual different, but this was had more technology involved than normal.

"Nice house," Buck muttered.

"Little too modern for me," Eve shrugged as Bobby rang the door bell and announced that it was the fire department.

"Dispatch said the patient was unconscious," Buck reminded his captain.

"They also said it was a smart home," Bobby added.

"What the hell does that even mean?" Eve questioned as they all looked up to the corner of the door step where a camera was placed.

"Welcome Los Angeles Fire Department," The house spoke as the door opened (I rlly didn't know how to word this...)

"Am I the only in really creeped out right?" Hen asked as they all looked around the outside of the technology advanced house.

"No," Everyone answered as they put their masks on and walked through the front door.

"Come on," Bobby instructed mince they all made it to the bathroom. "Let's go."

"On if, Cap," Hen responded as her chimney and Eve got into their position to help the unconscious man.

"Pulse is steady," Hen informed the team.

"Scp is lacerated," Eve added, turning the man's head slight to get a better look. "Probably a concussion. Anthony, can you hear us?"

"Looks like first or maybe second degree burns from the water," Chimney spoke, pressing on Anthony's burnt skin. "His veins are collapsed. Probably hypovolemia. We'll need a line in his ankle."

"There's still shampoo in his hair," Bobby pointed out as chimney got everything ready to put an IV in the veins of Anthony's ankle. "He fell down with the water on. So who turned it off?"

"I hate this house," Eve muttered as her husband and brother came back into the bathroom with the gurney.

As they began wheeling Anthony out of the house he started gaining consciousness again.

"Anthony, Anthony,"Bobby spoke, ready to reassure the man about their being there was fine and he was going to be okay. "It's okay. You fell in the shower. Lucky for you, we found you in time."