Chapter Sixty

S3Ep17-Powerless

Chapter Sixty
A Crash and a Punch

"I CAN'T believe we have the house to ourselves," Eve  stated, sitting down at the edge of her's and Eddie's bed. "Well besides Zeus and Apollo."

They had spent the evening packing while Buck and Wren decided to have the kids spend the night at their apartment.

"Yeah," Eddie muttered, laying his back on the bed next to Eve. "It's quiet."

"That's what happens when we don't have little monsters zooming through the house," Eve responded, turning to lay her head on her husband's chest.

"You know what else happens?" Eddie inquired.

"Nap time." Eve mostly joked, she could honestly take a good three hour nap.

"I could go for one," Eddie admitted.

Eve chuckled as she got up and walked out of the bedroom.

"Where are you going?" Eddie inquired, sitting up on his elbows confused as to the sudden absence of his wife.

"Grabbing a blanket," Eve stated as she chucked a blanket at him and then jumped onto the bed.

Eddie laughed at his wife while he pulled her into him and covered them both with the grey blanket Eve brought. "I love you."

Eve smiled as she snuggled closer into the brunette, "I love you too."

"And so do the dogs," Eddie muttered, feeling the bed sink further and the hearing the collars around both dog's necks jingled.

"They deserve a nap too," Eve told him, as Zeus snuggled into her back and Apollo at her legs.

WREN had an idea flowing through her mind for months now and the only person she consulted with about it was herself. She thought about having Buck's opinion but she didn't think it would be helpful, so now she stood outside the Grant-Nash house, ready to have herself someone else's opinion.

"Wren," Athena greeted when she opened the door, "I wasn't expecting you, especially without Buck."

"Oh, he's watching Charlie and Chris," Wren responded, "I'm sorry for just dropping by with no heads up or anything."

"You're alright, you're always welcome," Athena gestured for the women to come inside. "Is everything okay?"

"Oh yes," Wren assured following Athena to the kitchen. "I just have a question."

"I'm all ears," Athena told the woman, ready to answer any question that was given to her.

"As of recently I've looked into the idea of going to a police academy in LA, and I wanted your input." Wren explained while she picked at her nails.

Athena hummed to herself, as she sat down at the head of the dinning room table right beside Wren, passing her a drink.

"First, what's your reason behind this?" Athena inquired, "are you getting bored as a dispatcher and want a change? Is it something you've always wanted but never truly reached for it?"