Chapter Thirty Four

S3ep3 The Searchers

Chapter Thirty Four
Found

EVE FELT the water rush around her body, she felt as it pulled her away from fire truck. She felt as Christopher held onto her arm.

For the few seconds Eve managed to get her head a live the rushing water she spotted a car to hold onto.

"Here." She panted pushing Christopher onto the hood  while holding holding onto the door.

Eve struggled some but managed to sit on the hood with Christopher, pulling him into her. "You ok?" She questioned.

"Yeah." Christopher answered, hugging the blonde back feeling safer close to her.

"Us too." She sighed placing a hand on her stomach.

"Are we going to find Buck?" Christopher asked not letting go of the women.

"Hopefully." Eve muttered, looking around at the mess of debris. "But for now, we're going to wait for the water to go back to the ocean so we can walk around and maybe find Buck."

As time went by, so did the water. The dirty blue water filled with debris slowly made its way back to where it came from allowing everyone to move a little more.

"Alright, Bud." Eve spoke after she stepped into the water to make sure she could stand in solid ground. "Get in my back."

"I thought you couldn't carry heavy things." Christopher told his step mom.

"Yeah, but based off the recent events and that she's freaking out in my stomach right now I think she's a fighter so come on." Eve patted her back and turned around. "I need both my babies to be ok."

Christopher wrapped his arms around Eve's neck and she grabbed both legs to hold him up.

"Ready?" Eve questioned the young boy.

"Ready." Christopher agreed.

"Now, when I tell you to cover your eyes, do so." Eve told the boy. "Okay?"

"Okay." Christopher nodded into the blonde's shoulder.

Eve took a deep breath getting ready for their journey.

Eve looked around the knee high water for people who weren't so fortunate and for her brother.

Eve spotted a could people floating stuck on debris and floating away with it. "Look away bud." Eve told Christopher who did as he was told and buried his head into Eve's shoulder.

Eve continued to move towards where she was before her and Christopher fell into the current.

"Help!" A man yell trapped in debris. "Help me!"

"I'm coming!" Eve yelled back when she found the man who whose arm was pinned in broken games and random things people had brought with them.

Eve moved around the different floating objects and managed to get to the man screaming for help.

Eve spotted a car near the man and put Christopher on top of it. "I need you to stay right here while I try and help this man, alright?"