Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen
Christmas is Full of Surprises

"Eve, you need to get up." Eddie spoke, rubbing Eve's cheek. "We have to go to work."

"But I don't wanna." Eve whined, pulling Eddie into her.

"But people need us." Eddie cooed knowing that would get her up. "They'll need us to save them."

Eve groaned, pushing Eddie off of her and getting out of bed. "I hate you." She muttered.

"You love me." Eddie corrected.

"Mhm." Eve hummed, grabbing her uniform from the closet.

EDDIE OF COURSE wasn't wrong about the job and that people needed them, because they had a few emergency, a car accident, someone had a heart attack, however one of the calls they had a few hours prior to the end of their shift when it was dark out was a boy stuck in a package being shipped in a plane.

"How long's he been in the air?" Buck questioned as the 118 headed to the airport where the plane their new patient was trapped in.

"Plane took off from LAX 18 minutes ago." Bobby answered. "It was diverted to SoCal Airport."

"18 minutes." Eddie spoke. "It's nearly long enough to reach altitude. It's not good. Cargo isn't pressurized or heated."

"I thought coach was bad." Chimney commented.

"Hey, Chim, make sure we have o2 and warming blankets standing by." Bobby instructed.

"Copy that."

When the team arrived at the airport the plane holding the man trapped inside a box was waiting to be searched.

Bobby got out followed by his crew and instructed them on what to do.

"Oh damn." Eve muttered when she along with the others entered the plane full of cargo.

"Well, it looks like we're opening presents early this year, huh?" Buck inquired when he too saw the dozens of boxes they where going to have to find he boy.

"Clock is ticking guys." Bobby spoke. "We got to find this kid."

"Or joy is the last thing his family will feel this holiday season." Eve added.

"Dispatch said he was having trouble breathing even before he went up in the air." Bobby informed his team.

Bobby paused when ring was heard from somewhere inside the cargo of the plane. "Do you guys hear that?" He asked making the firefighters pause and listen for the ringtone that was playing. "Stethoscopes." Bobby instructed Eve who had the med bag slung over her shoulder.

Eve did as she was told and pulled out the stethoscope before handing the bag to Eddie so she could move around better.

Eve placed the stethoscope onto one of the boxes she thought she heard the ringtone best from. "Found him." She told the team.

Everyone started moving boxes off of the one they wanted.

"I see him." Buck told the group when they cut open the box. "He doesn't look good."

Bobby and Buck pulled the boy out and placed him on a gurney.

"He's cold cap." Chimney informed his Captain.

"Alright, get some blankets on him." Bobby instructed.

"I don't have a pulse." Eddie spoke.

"Starting compressions." Eve told the team as she started doing compressions in hope to give this boy's family some good news.