Chspter Sixty Six

S4Ep2-Alone Together

Chapter Sixty Four
Courage

WREN was following behind Athena as they climbed up the ruined house. Every couple steps she would look back to ensure that Sylvia was still there following behind them.

"Just a little higher," Athena informed the two women behind her.

"You make it sound so easy," Sylvia retorted, she wasn't just terrified of what she was doing and the idea of being out of her home but she was exhausted.

"You got this,"Wren tried encouraging Sylvia who ignored it and kept moving.

"I'll be damned," Athena muttered, grabbing Wren's attention. "Maybe our luck is turning around."

Wren saw Athena grab the radio they thought was lost and unfindable and a wave of relief washed over her, they were going to get help to them soon.

"Dispatch, this is 7-Adam-30," Athena spoke into the radio. "We're trapped in an unstable structure in the Hollywood hills. We got caught in the slide. Do you copy?"

"Copy that 7-Adam-30, what's your location?" Maddie's voice responded.

"Well, it was 1415 ledgewood drive," Athena answered, "not sure where we landed."

"I'm sure that location moved," Maddie stated, "but it looks like your patrol car didn't move. You're just south of it. Anyone injured?"

"Some bumps and bruises,"  Athena replied, "we're gonna keep climbing toward the daylight. We sure could use a lift outta here."

"Copy that. Units are in the area, but the mud's slowing them down ." Maddie began explaining the situation to the sergeant, "We'll get you that ride home as soon as we can."

"Cavalry's on the way," Athena informed the two women with her, "Let's keep moving."

"Bet you didn't get this much action with officer Collins," Athena joked causing wren to snort and nod her head.

"Not even close," She retorted.

"Oh damn," Wren muttered as the house started shacking, becoming more and more unstable.

"Dispatch!" Athena shouted into her radio, "This thing isn't gonna hold much longer. We need that rescue now."

"Sylvia!" Wren yelled as the blonde woman lost her balance and slid down to the bottom of the house followed by debris.

Wren and Athena started shouting for Sylvia, but she didn't respond, which was due to the big piece of concrete lying onto of her body.

"Sergeant?" Sylvia questioned when Athena went to check her pulse once both her and wren slid down to the trapped woman.

"I'm here," Athena reassured.

"Can you move?" Wren inquired, trying to get some look under the piece of house.

"Barely," Sylvia wheezed, this thing was crushing her chest and making it hard for her to consume oxygen. "This thing is crushing me. I don't think anything's broken."