Chapter Forty Nine

S3Ep12 -Fools

Chapter Forty Nine
Parent Teacher Night

RECENTLY wren had been staying with Buck almost every night to the point Buck gave her a key so she could just walk in after work no problem.

So, after much thought and talking to Eve Buck came up with a question to ask his girlfriend.

"Woah," wren muttered when she walked into Buck's apartment to find dinner made and there to be candles lit in a couple place. "What happened? Did I miss something?"

Buck chuckled, taking her things before guiding her to her seat at the table. "Just wanted to make you dinner and make you feel loved."

"Well it's working." Wren smiled.

Buck smiled at the response and sat down beside his girlfriend after finishing the last dish he made for the evening.

"I have something to ask you." Buck stated midway through dinner.

Wren cocked her eyebrow and look at the boy in confusion. "Alright."

"I know it's not even been a year, which is honestly crazy." Buck started, visibly nervous.

Wren held up a finger, stopping Buck from continuing. "If you're about to ask me to marry you, the answer is no." She flat out stated. "Not that I wouldn't marry you in the future, but just like you said we've only been dating for not even a year, and you know I don't want to rush into that."

"What?" Buck questioned taken aback. "No, no, no, that's not what I was going to ask. I'm not my sister. I was going to ask if you wanted to have a drawer here or even move in."

"Oh." Wren muttered before laughing. "It's just the way you started it."

"Yeah." Buck chuckled. "Probably could've worded it better."

"I would gladly move in with you, Evan Buckley." Wren smiled.

"Really?" Buck beamed.

"Yes." Wren answered.

"ALRIGHT,"Eve spoke as her, Eddie and Carla walked down the halls of Christopher's school. "We are looking for room 203."

"Didn't it just go from 201 to 205?" Eddie asked looking at the rooms to his right.

"Oh, it's the next one in the left." Carla told the pair of parents. "Lab classrooms have a different layout."

"Of course they do." Eddie muttered. "Thank you again for coming."

"Oh my God yes, we'd be lost right now if you didn't come." Eve added.

"Yeah, don't know if we'd be able to navigate the confusing waters of parent-teacher night without you."

"Well, knowing these things is sorta my job." Carla chuckled before coming to a stop outside the classroom they had be hunting for. "Okay, follow my lead. Try to ignore these teachers' corny jokes."

"There's corny jokes?" Eve asked.

"What do you call a number that won't sit still?" Christopher's math teacher asked the trio. "A roamin' numeral."

"That's really funny." Eve lied, with a smile.

"Liar." Eddie whispered into her ear.

"How do you make a bandstand?" The music teacher asked. "Take away their chairs!"

Eddie and Eve stared at the teacher not amused.

"I don't think they got it." The teacher stated, turning to Carla.