Chapter Forty Five

S3Ep10- Christmas Spirit

Chapter Forty Five
Timing

ONE OF the 118's first emergencies was at a toy store where people went crazy over a popular toy duck, and well a woman ended up pepper spraying Santa.

"Sir this burning is going to go away." Eve told Santa as her and Buck cleaned around his eyes the best they could. "But it'll take a couple hours."

"Long before you need to be back in the North Pole." Buck added with a smile.

"Is Santa Claus gonna die?" One of the kids from behind the team asked, his voice sad and scared they weren't going to get presents this year.

"Oh, honey," Eve muttered. "Of course not."

"And don't you worry." Buck added kneeling down in front of the group of children. "He's not really Santa."

Eve's eyes went wide at his words. "Buck." she hissed trying to get him to stop talking.

"He's not real?" A little girl asked almost crying at the news.

"No, no, sweetie." Buck tried reassuring the kids that Santa was real. "He's just pretend."

"Evan!" Eve raised her voice

"Santa's pretend?" One of the kids whined.

"That's right." Buck smiled.

"Buck, Buck, Buck." Bobby grabbed the boys attention and shook his head.

"What?" Buck questioned confused at his sister's and Bobby's expressions that where saying stop talking.

"Did you just tell my kid Santa isn't real?" A women snapped at Buck.

"Mhmm." A little girl whined.

"No, no." Buck answered. "I was— I was just explaining that this Santa isn't Santa."

The kids started crying as another parent came over.

"I'll be at your funeral." Eve patted her brother in the back shaking her head.

"IT GOT ugly." Eddie explained to Hen who he and Eve had invited over so Denny could hang out with Christopher. "After I said we had to work on Christmas."

"He went straight to his room and wouldn't speak to us for the rest of the night." Eve added patting her four month old's back, burping her after she had just eaten. "I'm not looking forward to it when I get disappointed looks from both my kids."

"It's just new." Hen told the parents. "He'll get over it."

"Abuela's bringing him and Charlie to my aunt's." Eddie told his friend. "I know Christopher's going to have a good time. He just— last Christmas was..."

"special." Eve finished with a sad smile.

"This one's harder." Eddie added.

"Is that why you invited us all here?" Hen questioned. "Trying to cram in as much Christmas cheer between now and then?"

"Well, thought it'd be nice to bring the boys together for a play date." Eddie answered.

"All three of 'em." Hen stated.

Buck, Christopher and Denny where all around the coffee table making ginger bread houses.

"Alright, who needs more cement?" Buck asked the boys as he mixed the icing

"I do." Christopher beam.

"Me!" Denny spoke.

"Denny, we will do you first with this big ol' piece." Buck stated, taking a piece of the ginger bread house and putting icing on it.