Chapter Fifty Eight

S3Ep17-Powerless

If potentially confused I changed the original plot and you should go read the a/n I published a couple weeks ago!

Chapter Fifty Eight
Chasing Balloons

"DO YOU THINK we need a bigger house?" Eve questioned looking at the mess of toys, books and blankets Christopher used to make him and Charlie a fort.

"Maybe," Eddie muttered as he started picking up the blankets sprawled on the floor. "Or we can just have our son pick up the mess he made."

"He'll complain that Charlie isn't helping," Eve stated, as she began picking up toys.

Eddie grabbed his wife's bicep and stopped her from grabbing more toys. "And we'll tell him that she is a baby and hasn't even walked yet."

Eve sighed, nodding her head in agreement, "we'll pick up Charlie's toys."

"Alright," Eddie nodded in his own agreement.

After cleaning up Charlie's toys Eve decided to just clean up Christopher's toys just wanting to have a clean living room.

"And what do you think you're doing?" Eddie questioned his wife once he walked back into the living room from putting one of the baskets they used for Charlie's toys back in her room.

Eve stood up straight and turned to look at the brunette,"Cleaning." She answered with a basket from Christopher's room.

"Put the basket down." Eddie instructed with a stern voice that caused Eve's eyebrows to raise. "Please." He corrected his tone.

"I just want a clean house." Eve explained as she put the basket down beside the couch.

"And it will be clean," Eddie stated, grabbing the blonde's arm and pulling her into him. "Once Christopher gets home from hanging out with Buck and Wren."

"But it could be clean now, we have time."

Eddie shook his head a smile forming on his lips, "But he's old enough to do it himself."

Eve sighed, leaning her head against Eddie's chest. "You're right." She admitted.

"Say that again, I didn't hear you." Eddie told the woman his is arms causing her to scoff and push away.

"Then get your ears checked," Eve sassed, walking away.

"IT'S ALL romantic till someone has to call 9-1-1," Buck spoke as the 118 drove towards a run away hot air ballon with a girl inside it.

Eddie sent a confused looked at his friend which prompted him to further explain, "I heard dispatch gets a lot of calls from these things."

"Did Wren or Maddie  tell you that?" Eddie inquired.

"Uh, someone else." Buck answered, looking away from the brunette.

"Personally wouldn't want to be on one," Eve averted the conversation somewhere else.

"Scared of heights?" Eddie teased causing an eye roll from Eve.