Rule Two: Broken

'Third round's on the house! Here's to the luckiest town in Noman's Land and its rookie savior!' yelled Jay from behind his counter holding up a pint.

Cheers and whistles from drunken men and women resonated in the saloon and bled out onto the street where even more people were celebrating the successful end of an extremely dire day. You looked at Vash who was getting peer pressured into yet another pint of beer by a couple of rowdy but well meaning town inhabitants. You snorted as his demeanor changed from shyly trying to decline to fully engaged into the challenge when one of the service girls insinuated he might be a light weight.

Back against a wall at the entry so has not to risk accidently phasing through someone, you observed the scene. You couldn't remember the last time these people had a reason to celebrate, a time when live wasn't just harshly punishing them everyday on this sandy planet; and for that you felt eternally grateful to Vash. However, you would have to wait tomorrow to thank him because he was laughing hysterically, his face flushed by the alcohol as he lifted the empty pint he has downed seconds prior.

The crowd cheered for him even louder and he seemed to genuinely enjoy himself as two men lifted him off the ground to show him off. It was amazing how natural and sociable he was with people he had just meet, as if for him they were not strangers but rather long-lost estranged family he finally got to meet.

You watched him for a while longer before deciding to head out. As much as you enjoyed watching Vash and the town celebrate, you couldn't help the ache in heart as it made you yearn to be able to join them.

Not sure where to go, you wondered the streets until the third moon had joined her sisters high above you. You came to a stop when you realized your feet had led you down a familiar path and in front of the main entrance to the plant site.

You sighed. You weren't necessarily down to go back there so soon, but old habits die hard. You slowly made your way up the stairs as you recalled how those three plant workers had ran up the same path hours earlier, ready to risk their lives to stop the plant meltdown only to come face to face with a sheepishly smiling Vash and a back-to-normal-levels plant.

The wind blew harsher up here at night, but you enjoyed the breeze; it was one of the few feelings you could still register despite your condition. Walking up to the plant, you were half expecting it to be in its humanoid celestial-like form, and felt a bit disappoint when you saw it wasn't.

Grazing the glass with your fingers, you made your way to the impact site of the bullet. The workers had done an impressive job of patching and reinforcing the glass and cracks and you were relieved that the plant hadn't suffered anymore damage.

You were also relieved not to have to live with much damage yourself after tanking that bullet. Your eyes found your bloody hand print still on the glass a couple of feet away and you walked up to it, brushing it with a finger.

'Thank you,' you whispered to the plant. You had no idea how, but she had someone healed most of your wound. Actually, you thought, you really had no idea what had happened at all, neither in regards to the plant and to Vash, neither in regards to your own self and how it was possible for you to get injured in the first place.

You ran a hand through your hair, frowning. Today had been a lot, too much even, and you felt exhausted.

You backed up against the railing around the platform, pushing yourself upwards a bit so you could half sit on it. Closing your eyes, you focused on the breeze. There was no point in overthinking it, if anything it would just make your more upset at the probable lack of answers. It was better to let it go for now. You had discovered so much in single day; it would at least keep your brain busy and the craziness at bay for a year or two of going back to living like a ghost in the town.

"Ghost" Trigun x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara