Chapter 3: Welcome to the dorm

Ok, ok. I am trying to be calm. Or pretending to be calm. Or, at least, trying to pretend.

"So, Hazelford is a nearby town, yes?" I asked without any nervousness in my voice.

 "Village, to be exact," my grandma answered strictly.

Village... Ok. Let it be. They decided to send me to the village. My family had enough of my presence, I completely understand.

While my parents were packing all the things and preparing all the documents, I was listening to my grandma:

"Hazelford High is considered to be a very good boarding school with strict atmosphere and discipline. They also provide in-depth study of subjects."

"Perfect" I thought sarcastically.

"Oh, and this school is all-girls. From now, no more boyfriends and intrigues which can distract you."

Even more "perfect"... But I just listened.

"The price is pretty high but it's worth it," she paused for a moment, "Even the Sinclairs' daugher studies here."

I rolled my eyes. Caroline Sinclair is a daughter of the mayor of Ravenwood. This family is so rich and ambitious, so I won't be astonished if she is selfish and spoiled with her money.

New page of my life is going to be written...

***

My parents are strongly against any cats in our home but I don't care and that's why Stormy lives with me.

I remember the day I found her like it was yesterday, although it happened about three weeks ago actually. It was a cold, dreary afternoon, and I was walking home from park when I heard a faint meowing sound coming from a nearby alley.

As I got closer, I saw a small black kitten huddled in a cardboard box, shivering in the cold. My heart went out to the little creature, and I knew I had to help.

I approached the kitten slowly, but it seemed wary of me and scurried away. Determined to help, I went back home to get some food.

I returned to the alley with a can of cat food and placed it in the cardboard box, then retreated to a safe distance, hoping the kitten would come back to eat. After a while, I saw the kitten slowly emerging from its hiding spot and cautiously approaching the box.

I watched in awe as the kitten devoured the food and, feeling more comfortable, began to purr contentedly. I slowly approached the kitten, and it didn't run away this time. Instead, it looked up at me with its unique mismatched eyes - one dark brown, the other light blue - as if saying thank you.

I knew I had to take this kitten home with me. She's my best friend ever. And now I'm sitting in my room with Martin and thinking how should I care of her.

"And what would you do with your pet?" Martin asked.

"Don't worry," I laughed sincerely, "Stormy is going with me to the dorm."