Chapter 13: Echoes on the paper

I stared at the page of the diary, not sure what to make of what I had just witnessed. My words had been answered in writing. Was it magic? Certainly. But was this magic safe?

It all seemed so impossible. A small part of me was skeptical, but another part of me was curious. I wondered if this magic could help me, but I also wondered if it could be dangerous. There were so many questions buzzing around in my head, and I didn't know where to start.

I looked up at the room around me, still feeling the strange energy that lingered in the air. Was I going crazy? Was this all just a dream? I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. I needed to figure out what was happening and what it meant.

L: How do you know my name?
D: Does it make sense for you?
L: For me? Yes, a lot of sense!
D: Well, I know many things and there's no reason to explain how I found out them.
L: The reason is I want it. To my mind, that should be enough.
D: You want too much, my dear.

Part of me wanted to throw the diary across the room, to give up on its secrets. But another part of me was intrigued, fascinated by the challenge it presented. I couldn't resist the allure of the unknown, the promise of hidden truths waiting to be discovered.

D: Well, I have a task for you.
L: I have enough tasks at school. If I wanted to play games, I would play along.
D: It's more important than school. And more valuable, of course.
L: It's not interesting for me. I want to meet Mia and talk to her face-to-face. I have a lot to ask her.
D: It's too early for you to get this prize.

I furrowed my brow, frustration creeping in. Why couldn't it just give me the answers I sought? The words on the page seemed to taunt me, dancing around the truth, teasing with their elusive nature. It was as if the diary reveled in its own enigmatic power, relishing the confusion it caused.

L: You know, only a few pages left in this notebook. There will be no space to write here soon if we quarrel too much.
D: Don't worry, Liandra - once you are finished with the last page, a new one will appear here. There will be always enough pages.