Chapter 11: A little party never killed nobody

Long days passed. Finally, I realized it's easy to go mad with all this reading, studying and investigating paranormal things. It was all starting to feel overwhelming. I needed to do something fun, something that would take my mind off all the mysteries.

For sure, every average girl sometimes needs a party. We deserve more entertainments in our life!

And I'm not planning to go these ordinary dorm gatherings - I need something interesting. And this time it will be a night club. Yes, teenagers are not allowed to visit such places, but we'll be prepared - we will escape from the dormitory and bribe the guards (I've done that quite often in Ravenwood). By "we" I mean me and Caroline - it's time to teach her how to live this life.

But how will she react?..

***
"No, Lia, you are absolutely crazy!"

"Don't want to deny it." I said calmly. "So, you are going."

"No!"

"Caroline, it was not a question."

"Oh God, why are you always bored with your life? We already have too many duties, then why do you create more problems?"

Caroline was usually the calm and collected one, never losing her cool. But today, she was genuinely angry. It was obvious that she wouldn't appreciate being accused of something. Escaping from the dorm to go to a party at night is definitely not her style.

"Also, where do we find a night club in Hazelford? There aren't any of them!" She added.

"Who told it'll be in Hazelford?" I felt so brave. "America is much bigger than this village."

I could feel the tension in the air as she stood there. However, this reaction was quite predictable. I knew that Caroline was a good girl, always following the rules and staying out of trouble.

"Ok, it's your choice. I just offered some fun."

"Lia, how will we manage to escape?"

"Don't worry - I have useful contacts."

***
We spent hours trying on different outfits until I found the perfect one. I decided to go with a golden shiny mini dress and sandals. Caroline went with a knee length red dress and high heels that made her legs look miles long.

We spent even more time on our makeup, trying to perfect the perfect smokey eye and bold lip. I even attempted to do a dramatic winged eyeliner, which ended up taking longer than I thought.

After we finally got dressed and did our makeup, we looked at each other and smiled. We were ready to party like the grown-ups do.

We carefully made our way down the ivy, gripping tightly on each stem as we descended from the window. Caroline followed closely behind me, making sure not to slip or make any noise. We landed on the ground with a soft thud and quickly ran to where Martin was waiting for us in his parents' car.

My heart was pounding with excitement and a hint of fear as we got onto the backseat. Martin gave us a quick smile and started the car, driving away from the dormitory.

"Los-Angeles, night club "Elite Euphoria," I said boldly.

"Lia, I'm impressed," Caroline laughed, "I've never done anything similar before."

"There's a first time for everything!"

The night was clear, but there was a slight chill in the air, a welcome change from the stuffy dorm room. The wind was blowing through the open windows, sending my hair flying in all directions. I shivered and pulled my jacket tighter around me, but the feeling of freedom was too great to care.