Chapter 18: The pendant of power

I opened my eyes, blinking away the remnants of sleep as the morning sunlight streamed through my bedroom window. It was Sunday morning in Ravenwood.

With coffee in hand, I settled at the kitchen table, my thoughts already drifting to the day ahead. I scanned through my schedule, mentally mapping out the tasks and adventures that awaited me. There was a certain thrill in the unknown, in the endless possibilities that each day held.

 There was a certain thrill in the unknown, in the endless possibilities that each day held

As I finished my coffee, I gathered my belongings, slipping my essentials into my backpack. The weight of the bag was comforting, a familiar companion as I prepared to embark on another day.

The pendant of power... I have to find it and to see with my own eyes.

***
Stepping outside, the crisp morning air brushed against my skin, filling my lungs with its invigorating freshness. I took a moment to appreciate the beauty of the surroundings, the way the sunlight filtered through the leaves, casting playful shadows on the ground.

I entered Di Flores Manor again and made my way into Mia's room. The pendant of power should be there. What if that was stolen?

Finally, I came inside the room. Here, on the wall, Mia's portrait pleased the eye. She was very beautiful, but a complete opposite to me.

Her bright green eyes were like emeralds. Long, fluttering eyelashes framed her eyes, giving them an ethereal quality. Mia's long, black wavy hair cascaded down her shoulders, framing her face like a curtain of silk. Her lips, thin and graceful, held a subtle hint of a smile. Mia's pale skin glowed softly, like moonlight illuminating a hidden garden. She wore a light green vintage dress that clung to her slender figure.

Although she is my relative, we are not so similar. I'm also slim and pale, but my eyes are blue with grey, my hair is straight and blond and my lips are not as thin as hers.

There was a peg behind Mia's portrait, and I saw a golden necklace adorned with an exquisite pendant hanging on this peg.

The same pendant I had read about in the diary - pendant of power.

***
My eyes caught a glimmer of extraordinary light and that was really beautiful. Its breathtaking color, a mesmerizing shade of deep blue, seemed to dance with an ethereal glow.

I quickly picked up the necklace, feeling its weight in my hands, marveling at the craftsmanship and the captivating beauty

I quickly picked up the necklace, feeling its weight in my hands, marveling at the craftsmanship and the captivating beauty. The gemstone, smooth and polished, held a mysterious allure. Instinctively, I clasped the necklace around my neck, feeling the cool metal against my skin. As I did, an unexpected surge of energy coursed through me, as if the pendant had recognized its new bearer.

I held the pendant up to the light, watching in awe as the blue hue shifted and transformed, revealing hints of emerald green, tantalizing flashes of amethyst purple, and even a soft, shimmering silver. It was as if the pendant was a reflection of the emotions and experiences that coursed through my veins.

It was as Mia had written - the ability to change its color under specific circumstances. It was said to be a chameleon of sorts, adapting to the emotions and environment of its wearer. I vowed to protect and cherish this precious necklace, recognizing that it was more than just a piece of jewelry - it was a symbol of empowerment and an invitation to embrace the unknown. Well, it would be suspicious if I stayed away for too long - I had to visit Martin. I promised to talk to him.

***
I rang the doorbell, and after a few moments, the door swung open to reveal Martin, wearing his usual cheerful grin.

"Hey, Lia, great necklace!" Martin exclaimed.

"Wow, it's odd for a guy to notice such things," - I laughed, "They are typically blind when it comes to changes in appearance."

The scent of freshly brewed coffee wafted through the air. We settled down on the couch, catching up on the latest news and sharing stories.

"My parents forbid me to use their car."

"I didn't know they even allowed you to use it," I laughed, "Was it because you
are a too bad driver?"

"Maybe because I'm too good driver for my age..."

"Or maybe you just can't drive at 15 at all," I chuckled.

So many things have changed for the last month...