Chapter 12: Whispering pages

For now, I have many things to tell and to think of.

Let's start with our school issues. Mrs. Fairfield had caught us coming back from the club and had given us a stern warning. The punishment is waiting for us, but the headmistress hasn't figured out what it should be. We knew that we had to face the consequences of our actions, but we weren't sure how severe they were going to be. We tried to act normal, pretending that everything was okay, but deep down, we were anxious and scared.

We didn't attend classes this day - there was no time for it. My and Caroline's parents visited us in two hours after our arrival from the party. Their stern faces told us everything. Their eyes were piercing, and their body language was rigid. They didn't even wait for us to sit down before they started talking.

My mom's voice was sharp as a knife as she scolded us for what we had done. She spoke about how worried she was, and how irresponsible and dangerous it was to sneak out like that. My dad was quieter, but his disappointment was palpable. He said that he expected better from us, that he thought we were smarter than that. The lecture that followed was even worse. They talked about how we had put ourselves and others in danger and how trust was important.

Another thing is when Martin's parents found out what he had done. Their faces were twisted with shock and disbelief, as if they couldn't imagine their son would do such a thing. I felt terrible for dragging Martin into all of this. He had risked so much to help us, and now his parents were angry and disappointed with him. They were especially upset that he had taken their car without permission and put himself in danger.

I felt like a bad person for causing all of this trouble, and for putting Martin in the middle of it. But at the same time, I couldn't help feeling grateful for his help. Without him, Caroline and I would never have made it to the club. I just hoped that Martin's parents would eventually forgive him because of his young age.

After the police investigation, it was discovered that the night club "Elite Euphoria" had been letting underage teenagers in for a bribe. The authorities were not pleased with this discovery, and the club's reputation suffered greatly. As a result, the club was closed down, and the owners faced hefty fines and legal charges for their illegal activities.

The closure of "Elite Euphoria" had a significant impact on the local nightlife scene. Many teenagers were disappointed to lose one of the hottest clubs in town, but their parents were relieved that such an establishment was no longer operating. It was a clear warning to other nightclubs that illegal activities would not be tolerated, and they needed to ensure that all their customers were of legal age.

Then, we were questioned by the police because we are the witnesses of the incident. The officers were asking us about what we saw at the club that night, and we tried our best to remember all the details.

As the interrogation went on, the police officers revealed that the victim and his bullies all live in Hazelford - one more surprise.

Despite my fears, I knew that we had to tell the truth and cooperate with the police. It was the right thing to do, and I knew that deep down, Caroline and Martin felt the same way. It was our actions that led us to witness the fight at the club, and now we had to do our part to ensure that justice was served.

Ethan Cartwright, the victim of the fight at the night club, is actually alive and feeling better. I felt a sense of relief wash over me. Now, I would like to visit him and ask about everything that happened in the club.

We had made some big mistakes, but maybe we could try to make things right. At least, I hope for it...

***
I sat on my bed, cradling little Stormy in my arms. She's curled up in a little ball, her soft fur warm against my skin. Caroline is asleep. The only sounds in the room are the gentle hum of the air conditioner and the occasional rustling of the curtains in the breeze.