I missed this!

Rudra Malhotra

"What are you thinking about?" Mom asked as I was laying my head on her lap and she stroked my hair.

"Nothing, maa." I sighed.

It is been 3 days since the incident at Raichand's and I haven't met Aanya since then. From what I hear from Vikrant she has been ignoring everyone, her family, Vikrant, and me too.

I don't understand what is her problem!

Stupid girl!
Kids have less tantrums than her.

"It is something important?" Maa asked and opened my eyes looking at her.

"Nope. I was just thinking about Aanya. Why is it soo difficult for girls?" I asked and mom smiled.

"I know. It is very difficult, everyone faces it. I am just glad that she did not get married to Akash. I did not know he had such low mentality." She said sighing.

"It is not just about him, maa. Everyone thinks that all of the household responsibility belongs to the woman. Irrespective of the fact that she is working or not. This is shit!" I said irritated.

"You know when your dad left for U.S. I left my job and never resumed because I had to take care of four kids. Sometimes, sacrifices are made and without that no relationship survives." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Ok understood. Someone has to sacrifice. But why do we always see examples of women sacrificing? Why are there very few examples of men who sacrifice for their wife." I asked and mom just gave me a smile.

"Because a man has this tendency to always have the upper hand and superiority which only comes if he is the one who is earning more." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't believe in this. I think it would be just amazing to have a woman who is independent. Because then she will be with me for me, and nothing else." I said.

"I am proud that you think this way. Not everyone does. But, remember one thing... When life happens everything takes a back seat and choices are to be made. Choices about who compromises with their profession when the time comes." She said and I nodded again closing my eyes as Aanya's smiling face flashed before.

She deserves someone who would sacrifice the world for her.
Because, she would do just that for the right person.

I smiled and let mom's fingers work magic on head.

Mom's phone started ringing and she answered it,
"Hey, Aradhna. You called this late. Is everything fine?" Mom asked and I opened my eyes to look at her as smiled at whatever Aunty was telling her.

"Ohh, don't worry I will be there in the morning." She said and hung up smiling.

"Why are you suddenly smiling?" I asked confused.

"Nothing baba, she called me to the temple tomorrow. They are going with Anushka's family to decide the wedding and engagement dates." She said and I nodded.

"But why do you have to be there? It is their family thing na." I said getting up from her lap and she again smiled.

"I was going to ask her the same thing when she said that 'you dare not ask the reason, I would feel offended.'"

She explained and I laughed.

"I wonder how she is Aanya's mom. I mean Aanya is soo annoying and look at Aunty." I said and mom smacked my head.