Enough to rob my sense off!

Rudra Malhotra

Me and Vikrant got out of the conference room with a wide grin on our faces we got the project.

"Mr.Malhotra." I heard an unwanted voice call me just when I was about to call Dad.

I turned around and gave a tight lipped smile to Mr. Chauhan who had Meera standing beside him like always.

"Congratulations." He said forwarding his hand and I shook it.

"Thank you." I said with a formal smile and his phone started ringing when he excused himself.

"Congrats. I can see how happy you are." Meera said with a smile.

Something, about her was disturbing.
I don't know what!

But, her eyes did not shine anymore.

She has always been the outgoing, bubbly, and cheerful personality.
But the one standing over here was far more away from the girl I loved.
Then, my eyes laid on her forehead which had a cut.

"You-- I started but was interrupted when I heard her Husband's voice.

"We'll be leaving, Mr. Malhotra." He said placing his arm around her shoulder rather harshly and left.

I just shook my thoughts away.

She is none of my business.

"Bhai! I called Dad, he was soo elated to hear about it. Let's go home." Vikrant said getting excited and I smiled.

I called the one person I was dying to call.

"Hello." I heard her annoyed voice.

"Where are you?" I asked with a wide smile and she huffed.

"On Mars. Where would I be? I never took you as the stupid one!" She replied sassily and hung up on me.

She and her stupid annoying mouth!

Forgot tempting?
My conscience mocked.

"Vikrant, you go home. I have somewhere to be. I'll be back for dinner at home." I said and he nodded not before giving me his patent teasing face.

Just then there was lightining and today the weather had also turned wierd.

"Bhai! The weather is not good. Let's go home." Vikrant said.

"Naah! Don't worry. I need to go." I said and he was back to his teasing.

"Ummm hmm. Lagta hai kisika mann nahi lag raha aapke bina." He said.

"Chup kar!" I said smacking his head and he left in his car whining.

"Hello, Mr. Malhotra. " The receptionist of AR tech said as I entered the building and I nodded at her.

It was already 9 pm at night and this stupid girl was still working in office.

Isko aur kuch aata hai?

Just when I opened the door of her cabin she was ready to burst at me.

"Who the hell----
but stopped midway when her eyes laid on me.

And then she did something which just took my heart away.

She smiled at me.

She smiled wide showing all of her teeth and with twinkle in her eyes.