How much I missed that blush!

Rudra Malhotra

"Beta, this time when you return I am coming with you. Your father says he is going crazy without me." Mom said laughing as I sat on the couch beside her.

"Ohh please. More like he is making us crazy." I say rolling my eyes and she laughs.

"So, you're here suddenly? It is for Raichand's party right?" She asked and I nodded my head in a yess.

"Aren't you jet lagged? You just landed and then you will attend the party in an hour? You will be tired." She asked and I smiled.

All my tiredness will go away on seeing her.

"You know you could talk to me about anything right?" She asked teasing me and I raised my brows at her.

"About what Maa?" I asked with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Aanya." She said and I looked at her still confused.

"You love her don't you?" She asked and my eyes widen hearing her.

"Maa, what-- I started but she just showed me her palm gesturing me to to keep quiet.

"I am happy you could move on. But, Rudra this is Aanya we are talking about. The moment you make her cry everyone will give you hell including your own brother." She said smiling.

"And why do you think I'll make her cry?" I asked.

"Haven't you already? I am pretty sure she has cried buckets by now, since you have gone away." She said and my smile dropped.

"Love is not a small word. Are you guyss playing the long distance thing?" She asked and I nodded.

She  placed a hand on my shoulder and made me look at her.

"Love demands sacrifices always. Nothing in life comes easy, not even love. I sacrificed my life with your father for his dreams. And trust me, if you think being miles away from each other and talking is enough. Then it is not." She said with a sad smile.

"All those years I was supposed to enjoy with my whole family I couldn't because it was in pieces. Some here, some there. I am speaking of experience, it is terrible." She said and a tear left her eye.

I quickly wiped it and she smiled at me.

"I don't regret it, though. Your father achieved his dreams. But at what cost, beta? We can never live as a family." She cried and I held her close to me.

For the first time in my 29 years of existence,
I hear this.

"If you wish to be with her, you know you have to get back here." She said moving away from me and wiped all her tears.

"You have to leave all of your hard work you did with your father. You settled that company in new york and it is flourishing. Can you leave it?" She asked and I was mum.

"I have taught my sons well. I would never question if Aanya can leave with you. I would be disappointed if she does leave with you. Kab tak ladkiya hi apni sapne peeche chodengi?" She asked and I smiled at her.

"Stop living in your dream world and get back to making a plan. I don't know about you but I will disown you if she is not my daughter-in-law." She said chuckling and I just sat there in my thoughts.

Great!
I just had to get another reality check.

"Maa! Where is my white shirt?" Vikrant yelled grumpily and I frowned at him.