My heart will explode!

Rudra Malhotra

"Rudra, how is Vikrant doing?" Dad asked on the call while I stood with Avinaash and Pia bantering back and forth.

"Great. Why? What is the matter?" I asked confused.

"Just needed to know how long till he can handle things on his own." Dad said and I shut my eyes tightly irritated at the question.

And when I did open them I saw Aanya walking towards me while smiling with Sia and Vikrant on her side.

And my breath got stuck in my throat.

She was wearing a plain red saree with just a pair of dangling diamond earrings in her ears and that dazzling smile of hers.

Man! Why does she need to be this beautiful?

"Rudra. Are you there?" He asked.

"I'll talk to you later, Dad. I am here at Rohan's reception while Avi and Pia are chewing my head off." I said and he laughed.

"Yaa sure. Call me when your free. And also please call your Ayaansh bhai and tell him to at least get married to the new girl he is seeing." He said and I laughed.

"You think he would listen to me? Never." I said and he hung up sighing.

"Hello guyss!" Sia said as the three of us stood before us.

While I noticed Vikrant looking at her with a wierd smile.

"Rudra Bhai, how is your new phone?" Sia asked teasing and I narrowed my eyes at her.

Flashback

"How difficult is it to understand one fucking task?" I yelled at my assistant through the intercom.

And, my cabin door opened as a very cheerful Aanya walked in holding a small bag in her hand.

While on the intercom she was blabbering something which I didn't pay attention to.

"I asked you for the July reports. Are these the July ones?" I yelled again irritated at her giving reasons and held out my hand for Aanya to come near me as she was going to sit on the opposite chair.

"Sir, I am really unable to find them. I'll do it-- She started and I rolled my eyes pulling Aanya to sit on my lap.

" Keep your excuses for some other day, Ms. Mathur. Get me the damn reports in half an hour." I yelled again.

Aanya slide her hands around my shoulder as she placed the bag on the table and smiled mischeviously at me.

"Sir, I would have to get it done again. Give me atleast 2 hours." She muttered in a pleading tone.

"I said half an hour didn't--- my words got stuck in my throat as Aanya softly pecked my lips.

" Sir?" She said from the other side and I blinked my eyes to get out of my daze and this little devil just sat there smiling.

"Uhh.. Get it when you're done." I said hanging up on her.

She grinned as I narrowed my eyes at her keeping the intercom on the table and holding her by her waist.

"What was this?" I asked and she giggled.

"I was getting bored by seeing you yell." She said shrugging.

"Such a troublesome girl." I said chuckling and then she pointed towards the bag on the table.

"Your new phone." She said smiling.