I had to be the villain.

Double updateee🥳🥳🥳
To compensate for my delayed updates recently.
Enjoy❤❤

                       Rudra Malhotra

"Will you calm down?" I asked Aanya who was pacing around in the room like a mad woman.

While below the floor there were people gathered from all types of business for the launch of her software.

This is her dream!
And she is standing here in her panic mode.

"What do you mean by I should calm down? The whole industry is standing there and I am supposed to launch my software. Do you know how difficult it is." She said rubbing her face frustrated.

And, then my eyes fell on the slit of her dress.

Rudra, Control!

That is the problem, I can't control when she is looking all hot before me wearing a navy blue bodycon gown with a thigh high slit.

Then, my eyes fell on her exposed neck as the dress was off shoulder.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!
Focus man!

"I think I might just do some blunder there on the stage. I--I am going to--- she was blabbering when I pulled her by her hand and gathered her in my arms.

She was quick to hold me and encircled her hands around my torso.

I just ran my fingers through her hair softly as she snuggled in my chest.

" This is your dream. And, you are not fucking this up. I know you can't. And, even if you do nothing is going to change. Your work will speak volumes even if you make some blunder there on the stage." I explained her and she sighed.

"But--
She was starting an argument again when I said,

" Shhhh...I don't like anyone underestimating my girl." I said and she chuckled.

"I am proud of you. And everyone from your family is too. I know you are going to walk there and finish this like a boss lady." I said and she looked up to me.

"Tere bina mera kya hoga?" She asked joking and my smile vanished.

"Tujhe kisi ki jaroorat nahi hai khudko sambhalne ke liye. Tu khudke liye kaafi hai." I said and she frowned.

"Every cindrella needs a prince." She said pouting and I gave her a sad smile.

"You are that cindrella who does not need a prince, but a prince would definitely need a cindrella like you." I said and before she could say anything her phone rang.

"It is Maa." She said and answered the call while she talked to Aunty and I just kept staring at her.

She is a fine piece of art.
Only if luck was on my side.

"Chalein?" She asked holding my hand and I smiled looking at that hand and then at her.

When we entered the hall where the function was going on she went away searching for Aunty and I joined Avi, Pia, Sia, and Vikrant.

While I just kept staring at all her moves as she was fretting with the preps for projector.

"You love her, don't you?" Avi whispered and I looked at him with a small smile.

"Love is a small word to describe all my feelings." I said.

How long was I going to deny it?
It was inevitable!

I should have known the first time she smiled at me that I was a goner for that little devil.

That she was going to make me fall in love with her hopelessly!

"Does she know?" He asked and I nodded in a no.

"You're going to do that again?" He asked and I pushed back my tears looking at her standing on the stage proudly launching her software.

"I am a coward Avinaash. I can't do it. I can't bring myself to tell her that-- I was interrupted when Pia glared at us.

"She is talking on the stage will you guys focus on that? Stop gossiping!" She said irritated and I smiled.

Mera sara focus wahi to hai.

"You are going to regret it." He whispered again glaring at me.

"Ohh hell, I am ruined for my whole fucking life. Regret is a very small emotion here. Everything else is too fucking strong." I said and quickly wiped the tear that fell from my eye.

Calm down!
Calm down!
She should not know!

Everyone started applauding as she was done with her speech and everything.

And she walked down the stairs while Rohan stood there below the stairs holding out his hand for her.

She held his hand and hugged him when she got down.

While she was talking to all of the people congratulating her eyes we're constantly scanning the room.

When her eyes landed on me she smiled wide and started walking towards us.

"How did I do?" She asked excitedly looking at all of us and Pia was the first to lunge herself at her.

"You were amazing." She said and wiped her tears as she got emotional.

"Di yaar, your mood swings." Aanya whined and we all laughed.

"Itni choti si hai, kaam itna bada kar diya tune." Avinaash said patting her head and hugged her.

Vikrant and Sia kept bickering back and forth on who was going to hug her first.

Kids!

"I'll wait till their fight is over." She muttered and then turned to me staring at me.

I felt nervous like a teenager staring at her for the first time.

"We'll go to mom and dad." Avinaash took them away sensing the atmosphere.

And, she hugged me tight not caring if we were standing between thousands of people.

And I hugged just with equal force.

I was ready to take whatever she would give me at this time.

I closed my eyes relishing this feeling of her in my arms. I tried to push my tears back.

I love you.
I wanted to tell her soo badly, but I knew that would only make things worse.

I had to be the villain.

We separated and she stood away when Mr. Seth came towards us.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Malhotra and Ms. Raichand." He said with a smile and I gave him a polite smile. We started talking and Aanya said,

"Ohh, you're phone is ringing on the table. I'll just get it." She left towards the table beside us while I got busy in the conversation.

"Aanya, what took you so-- I started and I turned towards her to see her standing there with her face morphed in horror just staring at my phone.

I frowned as I moved towards her and held her shoulder.

" Hey! What's wrong?" I asked and she looked at me as if she was going to cry any second.

"Aanya. What's wrong?" I repeated again and she just kept staring at me like a statue.

And then my eyes fell on my phone's screen.

Fuck!
I am dead.

"You--you-- I can't believe this." She stuttered and I looked at her with fear clearly visible in my eyes.

She was not supposed to get to know it, damn it!