Chapter 2: When Trouble Starts Brewing

My mind kept tumbling around throughout classes because of the dream. It wasn't even on my mind during my first two but then I caught a glimpse of a guy with blue green eyes in the hall as I was going to my third class. I didn't even know a guy like him went to this school. He was pretty cute, with shaggy black hair and cream colored skin. He reminded me of Light too much for me to not notice. I kept wondering if maybe he was Light but I shook away the thought quickly. It wasn't until he caught me staring that I realized I had been in the same spot for a good two minutes. I couldn't look away though and because of that, he raised an eyebrow at me before saying something to his friend and walking off. His friend grinned at me before doing the same and that's when I snapped out of it, blushing like crazy. I was such an idiot. Staring at a random guy like that for so long. He probably thought I was a weirdo.

When I reached my third class, my mind wouldn't focus on anything the teacher said. It led to a massive migraine that had me holding my head as I sat there. The bell rang before I knew it, but I was in too much pain to get up. Everyone who passed by gave me a strange look yet didn't bother me. Maybe they knew about me staring at some guy I didn't know. Maybe that was a popular guy and he told everyone about it. I shook my head and ran my hand through my hair. This isn't a movie. I groaned and rubbed at my temples as I walked out of class. At least it was lunch time and I could just relax with my friends. I wasn't about to tell anyone about the dream or my idiot moment that happened earlier. The less the people that knew, the better.

I walked into the cafeteria and moved out of the way of the crowds forming. I looked toward my table that my friends and I always sat at. Ashley, Danny, Alex, and Francine were sitting there, chatting amongst themselves. They were laughing at what Danny had said and I sighed as my migraine eased up a bit. I began walking over to them only for someone to block my way. I groaned internally as I looked at her. Fucking hell. Can't I just catch a break?

I swallowed and tried to step around Carly but she only stepped in the way again. Where were the teacher's when you needed them? I backed away and glanced around. Some people were staring at the scene unfolding and this made me want to cry. I didn't like all of this attention and it was a mystery as to why she had to pick on me. Carly placed her hands on her hips and glared at me, making me feel smaller than I already was. I needed to get ready for her words. Every word would be like acid to my self esteem. Aimme and Emily were behind her, there to back her up. Aimme avoided my gaze and looked at her phone.

Aimme was always nice to me in art class. She gave me complements on my paintings even though I knew they sucked. She showed me hers every time and they were actually really good. It was obvious that Aimme could become a professional if she wanted to and I'm sure she knew it toot. They were beautiful. Emily on the other hand didn't even acknowledge my presence, not that I minded. Her paintings sucked anyway.

"Listen... little girl, back off of my boyfriend. You got that?" Carly snapped. I blinked, expecting much worse. She wasn't thinking like usual. The bitch.

"I... I don't want your... boyfriend. He just... asked me about something." I explained. She scoffed and narrowed her eyes.

"He's too nice to nobodies like you." Carly smiled. Oh there it was. I bit my lip to keep myself from crying. My self-esteem was going lower by the minute. I pulled my jacket over my hands and backed away, but she kept coming towards me.
"Just stay away from him. If I see you talking with him again, you're dead. Got it?"

"I... I-"

Before I could finish, her right hand connected with my cheek and I gasped, falling onto the floor. I held my cheek in shock as I stared up at her, tears filling my eyes. Carly seemed shocked by it too but she covered it up by clearing her throat. The cafeteria had become deadly silent and I knew everyone had seen what happened. She had... hit me. Why did she... hit me? Tears blurred my vision and fell down my cheeks as I climbed to my feet. Someone growled but I didn't care. My cheek was burning. Aimme grabbed her arm and shook her. Carly turned towards her, eyes narrowed. Aimme glared at her before pushing her back and reached into her pocket. I shook my head and ran out of the cafeteria