Chapter 28: Taken

Vinnie's POV:

Being home alone was no fun at all. Everyone was with their mates... well... except Ashley but she was with someone she's dating. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I was thinking about cutting my hair since mom and I always used to get my hair cut when it reached my waist. Jake wouldn't mind my hair a bit shorter. I sighed and got off of my bed. I grabbed my phone and put it in the right front pocket of my dark blue jeans. I brushed my hair into a ponytail and put on my jacket.

I grabbed my wallet and walked out of my room. Mom had gone somewhere with Adam to sort out some family business or whatever. They wouldn't tell me so I knew it had something to do with our bloodline. Dad went to work and my little brother, Keith was over a friend's house. I would call Jenny to hang out but she's been busy with helping the earth or something like that. I wanted to see Jake again. It had been only two hours since I put him in that embarrassing situation. Time to pay him a visit.

I went downstairs and walked out of the house. I was a little nervous of seeing Jake again. I didn't know what he was doing right now but hopefully he isn't too busy. I sighed and walked over to my car. I stopped as I was about to unlock it. I should walk instead. It's a healthier alternative. For me and for the earth. For some reason, my mind kept wandering to Jenny. She promised to leave Jake alone but... she was never the type of clingy girlfriend. And the last time I checked, she wasn't a vampire.

What the hell was happening with the world?

I realized that I was only a few feet away from Jake's house. I could see him talking to Alex. Jake handed him money and Alex smiled at him. Alex said something, making him frown. Ue reached into his back pocket and took out a small blue box. His eyes widened as he looked up at him. It was a ring box. Was he going to ask me to marry him?

I know I'm still seventeen but I was kind of ready to marry Jake. I know I want to be with him for the rest of my life. I moved closer, careful not to get into Jake's line of sight.

"No. Here take it back. It's too much." Jake said, trying to hand the box to Alex.

"It's not mine." Alex smiled.

"It's your great grandmother's." Jake turned around to face his father. I took this as my chance and walked up to Alex. He smiled sadly at me but I just shrugged.

"Dad. I can't.. I'm not ready for marriage." Jake sighed. I swallowed and cleared my throat.

"But I am." I said. Jake turned around.

His eyes widened and he groaned. He pushed past his father and went upstairs. I heard his bedroom door close so I walked inside and walked upstairs. That's when I heard him scream. I flashed the rest of the way there and banged on his bedroom door. I tried opening it but it was locked. I could feel his pain. Especially in my back. I coughed and held my stomach. I almost dropped to my knees but someone held me around my waist. They kicked open the door and I looked up. A small puddle of blood was on the floor and it looked like someone had been dragged through it because it led to the window.

My eyes filled with tears as I screamed for Jake. His father kept a firm grasp on me, but not too hard, as I thrashed in his arms. I should stop. All this stress wasn't good for me. So, I wept for Jake.

"Just calm down Vinnie. You don't want to hurt your baby do you?" Mr. Rein whispered. I gasped and looked up at him.

"Y-You know?" I sniffled. He nodded.

"I could hear the heart beat."

"Well... now you know." I chuckled but suddenly, my bottom lip trembled and I found it hard to breathe. I took in deep breaths but they weren't working. I pulled out my phone and called Francine. Mr. Rein put me on the bed and rubbed my back as Mrs. Rein came in.