Chapter 29: Come Back To Me

Ashley's POV:

"Jake's been kidnapped too." When Francine said that, I froze in place. I couldn't talk. She turned around. There was silence for a few minutes.

"We should get going..." I said.
"Come on Nick." I turned around and he wasn't there. I looked out the window. A guy was carrying him off to a van.
"NICK!" I screamed. The guy turned around. He had a red beard and had black sunglasses on. He looked at me and smiled. That son of a bitch!

I jumped out of the window and ran after him but he was too fast. He was really muscular and tall. I kept running until he turned a corner. I saw a black van drive away. I was panting and bent down.

"Ashley!" I turned around and saw Francine running towards me.
"We have to go to Jake's house. Everyone's there already."

"But... Nick... he..." I felt a lump in my throat and couldn't talk. I felt tears run down my face.

"Come on." Francine put her arm around my shoulder gently pulling me back to where my car was parked.

* * *

When we got to Jake's house, Vinnie came out with Danny and Justin. It was surprising to see him there with them. How come he wasn't kidnapped? I frowned and stepped out of the car with Francine. I walked over to them and kept glancing at Justin. I was suspicious and it was weird how none of them were. Were they in on the kidnappings!? No. I'm thinking crazy. They would never try to do that and why would they? But I can't say the same for Justin.

"Hey guys." I greeted. Vinnie nodded at me sniffled.

I walked inside and waited for Vinnie to close the door. There were many adults in the living room, talking. I noticed mine and Alex's parents. Mom looked up and smiled sadly at me before continuing the discussion she was having with the others. Francine waved at my mother and her mother before turning back.

"Let's go upstairs and let them talk."

Vinnie led us upstairs and to Jake's room. Vinnie picked up a stuffed money that had pink fur and a little red bow tie. She held it tightly to her chest as she sniffed it. Tears fell from her eyes and I grabbed her shoulder. She smiled at me. I could tell she'd been crying for a while. There was something different about Vinnie though, yet I didn't know what.

"This was the present Jake gave me three days ago."

"So what are we supposed to talk about?" I asked. Vinnie bit her lip. She was hiding something.

"Well, I have something to say. I'm... I'm... pregnant." Vinnie stated. I knew it.

"That's great. Are you guys getting married?" Francine looked down. She turned down Alex's proposal and now she felt bad.

"Uh... no. Not yet anyway." Vinnie smiled slightly before it fell.

I looked over at Danny and Justin. They were holding each other's hand. I was jealous because he didn't get kidnapped and was here comforting Danny. I couldn't take it anymore. I blew up at that moment. Not literally.

"How come Justin hasn't been kidnapped?! Maybe he's the one behind this!" I yelled. He stood up. Danny stood in front of him.

"Ashley." I pushed her out of the way and she fell. Vinnie helped her up. Justin glowered.

"That wasn't necessary." Justin said.

"Who cares!"

"So you think I'm the one behind the kidnapping of my friends?"

"Yeah! I think you are."

"That's ridiculous! You're just mad because your boyfriend isn't here." Justin huffed. I glared at him and