Chapter 12: Ball of Fire

Alex's POV:

I couldn't believe Francine would hide things from me and when they involve that perverted motherfucker too. I didn't care if she could handle it herself or if it was a small touch, I still wanted to know what happened. Now that we were mates, I hoped that we would share things together. Maybe I was overthinking this, but no one will disrespect my mate like that. Not some wimpy jerk who thinks he can get away with harassing people because it's a "joke". I snarled as his scent hit my nose. I had finally found that jackass and now it was his time to pay for touching Francine. I scanned the crowds until I caught a glimpse of that ridiculous big blue shirt.

Justin was by the vending machine talking to Danny as she bought a Gatorade. She laughed at something he said when she opened the bottle and licked the inside of the top. His smile seemed to grow and my eyes went cold. How dare he smile like nothing happened? As if he didn't just touch my mate. I was going to remind him what can happen when you mess with people's mates.

I flashed through the crowd and slammed him against the wall with his shirt balled in my hand. He had a look of surprise on his face and fear in his eyes. I almost smiled.

"Don't you dare touch her again, you hear me?!" I yelled. He furrowed his brow in confusion until it hit him and he was like a deer caught in headlights.

"Look man, I didn't know Francine and you were mates. I apologized to her though and I swear I'll never do it again!" He gulped. I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"That's not good enough." I pulled back and punched him. He groaned and I punched him again, reveling at how his nose started to bleed.

"Alex! No!" Danny gasped, pulling at my arm to stop me. 

I slowly looked at her and narrowed my eyes, before shaking her off. She fell down onto the ground with a shocked expression on her face. My anger started to boil down and I swallowed, feeling a bit guilty. My grip on Justin's shirt loosened and heat started to emit from him. When I turned to look at him, I was met with a fist covered in fire. I flew back a few feet and skidded to a halt. That definitely ruined my white Adidas. I rubbed at my scorched cheek as I glowered at Justin. His whole body was covered in orange yellow flames and his eyes were bright white that were in slits as he stared at me. 

"Don't you ever lay your hands on her!" He roared, stepping forward and offering his hand to Danny who took without hesitation. Surprisingly, it looked like it didn't hurt her. She stepped back away from him and stood with the rest of the crowd gathering around us. I noticed Justin's shirt had burned off, but not his pants or shoes. He must've gotten them from that fire elemental store. He had toned muscles which were more prominent with the fire covering his body. I raised an eyebrow and got up, dusting myself off.

"That statement was a bit ironic though. I just said the same thing." I glared at him. "Little Justin gains a bit of muscle and thinks he's all that." I mocked.

"Trust me Alex, I've always been able to take you." He smirked, his voice echoey. His fire burned brighter and my eyes chilled over

"Then prove it." I grinned. My fangs lengthened and I flashed towards him.

We fell to the ground and I started to pummel him with punches as everyone in the crowd made cheers. I could feel my skin being burned, but I didn't care. I only wanted to hurt him as much as I could before the teachers got word of this. Justin yelled and his fire spread, making me close my eyes and move back. He flipped us over and started hitting me more and more, burning me at the same time. The bastard can't take an apology. It's not like I really thought of touching Francine's ass... bad habits just die hard. Justin thought and I growled. My clothes were beginning to catch on fire and I hoped at least my pants were going to be alright. I didn't want to be naked in front of almost the whole school. Maybe this got out of hand but, it was too late to try and stop it.