Chapter 14: The Fire Within

I was still hugging Carly when I heard shouting outside. We both ran out to see what was going on. As I pushed my way through the crowd, I saw two people fighting in the center of the crowd. A boy and a... girl? When I got to the front, Jake was there with a girl on his back that was trying to pull on his hair. He was trying to get her off by pushing her up against the lockers. Jealousy bubbled up inside me. She wasn't trying to get him into her pants at the moment but I knew she would try. My palms burned and it was uncomfortable.

A flash of blonde hair came into my vision. I saw Alexandra and Alexandria push their way through the crowd to the front of the crowd. Once they saw Jake being attacked by a girl, their eyes turned crimson and they attacked the girl on Jake's back. I stared at the scene with raised brows. What the fuck was going on?

"Get off my brother, bitch!" They shouted at the same time.

I just stood there, watching as my palms kept burning. There was yelling and I looked up at the crowd. The principal was trying to get past some of the students in the back. My eyes widened and I ran over to Jake as the principal was making his way through the mob of students. I grabbed the girl's arms and she screamed out. She fell onto the floor with burn marks on her arms where I had grabbed her. I frowned but I didn't have time to figure out what had happened. I grabbed Jake's, Alexandria's, and Alexandra's hands and led them through the crowd. I hurried outside with them and let their hands go once we were in the parking lot. Alexandra and Alexandria were staring at their hands and shaking them as if they were asleep or something.

"I have a whole bunch of questions to ask right now. First one, who was that girl on your back Jake, and why was she on your back?." I crossed my arms and looked at him. Jake rubbed the back of his neck and laughed nervously. I narrowed my eyes.

"Well, I bumped into her. I said sorry and everything, but... she called me an asshole and started to talk shit about how guys wanted to always bump into her. I kinda got mad and... told her maybe she should stop stepping in the way and go to a strip club if she wants to be felt upon... and then walked away. But she... jumped on my back and started pulling my hair." He stared up at the sky, not looking at me or his sister.

Alexandra and Alexandria looked at each other, smirking. I widened my eyes and shook my head. Jake glanced at me, shrugging. It's not like Alison didn't have it coming to her. He raised his eyebrows for a minute. I frowned and stepped toward him. He gulped.

"Who's... Alison? And why were you thinking about her?" I asked. Jake's eyes grew big and he looked around.

"Alison was that girl on my back. How'd you know what I was... thinking?" He frowned. My face burned and I stepped back.

"I... I don't know. I just heard it in your head." I shrugged. Jake grinned.

"What am I thinking of now?"

I closed my eyes as I tried to read his mind again. His voice came into my head and I listened to it carefully If she can really hear my thoughts, then I guess I should think of something quick. Did I remember to give Jessica her history book back? I think she'd let me take it home one more day. I internally growled. Stupid jealousy.

My body temperature rose up. I felt a burning in my left arm. I looked down and my veins that are usually green were now blue! I didn't know what was happening to me. They seemed to be moving also. I frowned and touched my skin... it was burning. I couldn't be some sort of demon. Mom never said anything about our heritage. Only that we were human.

My arm was covered in blue flames soon after. I tried shaking them off but they didn't go away. Jake, Alexandria, and Alexandra were all looking at me wide-eyed. Next thing I know, my whole body is on fire. Not regular. Blue fire. I screamed and started to run around like an idiot, trying to get the fire out. Like that was going to make it stop. I stopped running and looked at the three people who didn't lift a finger to help me! I looked down at my body. The blue fire wasn't hurting me at all. It was just like a blanket or something. What the hell was happening to me? I fell to my knees and watched as this blue fire covered my body. 

"It's happened." A voice said behind me and I turned to face a guy with dark brown hair and the same green eyes as me. I narrowed my eyes.

"I'm Adam. Adam Monarch. Your older brother." He smiled at me. I laughed

"I only have a younger one and a twin sister." I crossed my arms.

"Yeah, Ken and Jenny." Adam smiled.

"How do you know their names?"

"Like I said, I'm-"

"I don't have an older brother!"

"You do Vinnie." Alexandria sighed and I turned towards her. She stepped toward Adam and grabbed his hand. I stared at them and started to back away.

"Wait a minute. If you knew he was my brother, why... didn't you tell me?" My body started to sizzle and soon the fire was gone. 

She looked away from me in guilt and I stared at the ground, feeling betrayed. Adam stepped toward me and extended his hand, just as blue fire emerged from his palm. I snapped my head up and looked at him. He was... my brother. Adam smiled at me, nodding before taking my wrist. The fire spread over to me. I tried yanking my arm away but it didn't work. Jake stepped forward but didn't move towards me as Adam made my body burn with fire.

"We're going home." Adam stated and soon his whole body was engulfed in flames. He went into the air bringing me along.
________________________________________________________________________
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I know it was a bit rushed and I really don't like all the dialogue but I'm still learning. And of course I took in that helpful criticism of course to make this chapter better! That's how you grow ;P Just read on tho X3