Chapter 7: Party Time

Vinnie's POV:

My mom shook her head while my dad continued to read his newspaper. I groaned and threw myself on their bed, looking at both of them with my puppy dog face. I'd been trying to convince them all day to let me go to the party Aimme invited me to. I found out from Danny that it was actually a mate party, but I had already said I would go so it was too late for me to back out. Plus, I'd be damned if I didn't see Jake in person tonight. I know I shouldn't be trying to go but there's just... something begging me to. Mom and dad probably already knew what kind of party it was and didn't want me to go since they still saw me as their little girl. I mean I also had piano practice tomorrow and she would never let me live it down if the instructor told her my playing was off. Going to the party wouldn't ruin my practice though and I knew I'd play as I usually do. Besides, I was already good enough for people to hear without cringing or thinking I had just started.

"Moooom, my friends will be there with me and Danny will make sure that I get back before one. I... I'll even take on more lessons if it means I can go." I pleaded, hands clasped together.

"No. You and Ken had more cake although I told you both you were off limits. This is punishment enough." She replied.

I rolled my eyes and looked over at Dad who wasn't looking at me. I grabbed his hand and gave him a look, making him put his book down. He sighed and took off his reading glasses which made mom look at him. Dad glanced at her for a second before changing his attention to me and giving me a slight smile. I grinned internally. He was going to cave! Dad's brown eyes seemed to glow for a second before dimming and I felt my hand start to burn. He patted the top of it and put back on his glasses.

"You heard your mother Vinnie."

My jaw dropped and I stood up. My hopes were crushed and all because of some cake and piano lessons. I groaned out loud and glared at both of them before storming out of their room. I walked back to my bedroom, fuming and thinking of how I was going to get out of this. I slammed my door and plopped onto my bed. I turned off my light and lied there in my blue bed sheets, letting my mind drift to the party and Jake. I could feel a surge of frustration throughout my body and rolled over to my side. It was driving me crazy not knowing what was going on, not being able to be there for myself. Maybe Jake was there with his mate, not even thinking about how he stroked my cheek and almost kissing me or how we always have dreams together every week. I didn't know what to think anymore and I needed answers. Today was the best night and perhaps even the only to ask him about what he thought about me. I sighed and looked at the clock. It was only 11 now and I knew mom would check on me in thirty minutes.

As I waited for her to come, I scrolled Instagram and watched stories from people at school. Most of them were dancing and a lot of drinks being mixed with alcohol. I sighed and made a mental note not to pour any drink that was already opened. I wasn't there to get drunk. There were footsteps outside my door and I closed my eyes. It squeaked open and I began to fake snore softly, turning to the other side for more effect. I could still feel eyes on me as the door slowly started closing before it completely shut. I waited a few minutes after the footsteps left and opened my eyes. The day had finally come where I thought of sneaking out and if I was caught, there would be big consequences. I had to go to the party, and I would go. With or without my parents' consent. 

It was 11:32 pm which was enough time to put on some clothes and drive down to the party. I got out of bed and placed one of my pillows along with one of my stuffed animals under my covers just in case mom came to check on me. I took off my pajamas and put on my striped white turtleneck and pulled on my denim shortalls that I left under my bed. After slipping on some socks, I grabbed my white sneakers and made my way to my door quietly. I poked my head out and looked at mom and dad's bedroom. The door was cracked open, but I could hear snoring coming from their room. I closed my door behind me as I came out and carefully made my way downstairs. I was happy that we had carpet so it was easy to sneak around if needed.

I grabbed the car keys from their hook and opened the front door as quietly as I could. I locked and closed it behind me. I slipped on my shoes and tied my hair into a ponytail. I started running down the street so I would make it in time to the party. I took out my phone and looked at Google Maps. The address was only a few blocks away. I groaned and picked up my pace. I hoped the party wasn't over by the time I arrived.

* * *

I looked up at the house blaring Antidote by Travis Scott and smiled slightly. I rested my hands on my knees as I caught my breath. It'd been a while since I was in track and I hadn't run miles in a long time. I wiped the sweat from my forehead and the back of my neck. I watched as people went in and out of the party, some laughing and some staggering. I fanned myself and took a whiff of my clothes, hoping I didn't smell sweaty. The house seemed to glow blue because of the lights all around it and it made me want to turn back. There were no other houses or any stores close to this and it was amazing that anyone even knew about this place. This was the address Aimme gave me though. I bit my lip and checked my phone to see It was almost midnight. I might as well go in and find my friends before they leave. I fixed my hair and dried my sweaty palms. A small breeze blew against my legs and I shivered. Warmth. Just remember warmth is just up ahead. As I walked toward the house, my legs became warm again almost like they were close to a fire. I brushed it off as I entered the house. The music was much louder now that I had come in and my body started to shake from the anxiety. The air reeked of blood and perfumes which made me cover my nose.

I looked around but all I saw were unfamiliar faces in the crowd of people. I frowned and made my way through the gyrating people to go into the kitchen, but there still wasn't anyone I knew personally. Where was Danny and everyone else? Did Aimme lie to me just to get me to come?I started to get nervous as some guys gave me lustful looks as I passed them. My heartbeat started rising and I decided to do one lap around the big living room before leaving.

I carefully maneuvered in the crowd as I searched faces for my friends. As I turned my head, I bumped into someone and their cup spilled its contents onto his navy blue shirt. The lower half of it was soaked with a dark liquid and one of my legs had some dripping down. It was blood. My stomach bubbled and I took out a kleenex to wipe it away. I was going to wash this area clean when I got home. The guy crushed the cup and threw it onto the ground, growling. I gulped and started to apologize.

"Watch where you're going." He snapped and I shuddered. His voice sounded familiar to me and this caused me to look up. A pair of blue green eyes stared back and my nervous jitters faded away. I found a familiar face and it was him.

"Vinnie." His eyes widened slightly and so did mine.

"Jake."

Without warning, he kissed me and the tingles I felt when he touched my cheek on Friday had intensified. It made the kiss much better than the one we had in my dreams. I closed my eyes. It was passionate but gentle as he placed one hand on my waist and the other on my neck, pulling me closer. I didn't mind his wet shirt despite it being blood and wrapped my arms around his torso. His lips were soft and molded perfectly to mine, as if they were made to kiss me. Tingles spread all over my body and I repressed another shudder as the first thing that came to my mind was mate. So that's why I felt these tingles. Now I remembered. I wanted to stay like that for the rest of the night, but I knew I couldn't hold my breath much longer and pulled away, taking a few breaths. He smiled at me, making my cheeks grow hot. I bet Aimme already knew we were mates and wanted to have me figure it out now.

Jake buried his head in the crook of my neck and kept inhaling. Now noticing it, I realized his scent was suddenly stronger. It was a scent that I already loved, but I couldn't find the right words to describe it. He let out a sigh and pulled away fully, just leaving his arm around my waist. Suddenly interrupting the moment, I heard a familiar squeal and turned to see Alexandria heading towards us. She pushed a girl out of the way and grabbed my hand, squeezing.

"Finally, now she knows." Alexandria hugged the both of us and I frowned. So everyone was in on it? Jake grunted and pushed her away. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Are you happy now?" Jake sighed. She smiled.

"Very."

_________________________________
Hopefully someone is reading my story and enjoying it V-V I'm enjoying writing it though. Comment and vote! :)