Chapter 15: Forever and Always

Adam had taken me home, how he knew where I lived was a mystery. It was starting to become a bit more plausible When he walked in the door on fire mom freaked and stood in a defensive stance, ready to attack him. To my knowledge, mom didn't know any karate so I wasn't sure what she was doing. Adam stared at her with a bored expression, as if he'd gotten the same reaction million of times and mom seemed as though she knew this day would come. I kept wondering what was really happening right now. I stared at them for a while before mom turned to me, glowering. I swallowed.

"Who... is this and why did he come here!?" She shouted and glanced at Adam with confusion. I cleared my throat and tried to explain.

"Mom, this is Adam... Adam Monarch." I said. She looked at him and her eyes widened, filling with tears. She was in shock.
"Please tell me the truth. Is Adam... my brother?"

Mom looked at Adam and smiled, bringing him into a hug.

"You came back." She whispered and started to sob. "My son..."

Adam's brow furrowed but he hugged her back as if she was going to disappear. It was true. I had a brother I didn't even know about. I was a middle child! Mom finally pulled away and cupped Adam's face in her hands.

"He is. You were only two years old when I sent him away." She whispered.

"Wai... what... then... how did we get these powers?" Before mom could answer Adam interrupted.

"Where else? Mom is of royal blood. She's part of the blue fire lineage which is a rare fire breed. They're like... to put it simple, royalty." Adam stated.
"She left the kingdom because she wanted a normal life and when she had us, she didn't want us to know about what we were. However... she let me use my powers and now, I'm to he crowned king." I looked at mom.

She nodded and lifted her hand. Blue fire engulfed her hand. My eyes widened. Why is this happening to me? Now of all times!? I groaned and ran my hands over my face. Why don't the Salvatore brothers come out now?

"How... could you hide this from me? I was going to find out sooner or later! And why didn't you tells me about Adam? He's my brother!" Tears stung my

"Vinnie... it was because... Adam wanted to rule the kingdom I left behind and I didn't want you to do the same thing. I never wanted Adam to take over for me." She stared at him and he looked away.
"I wanted him to be able to be human and not worry about the lives of thousands. Yet, once he told me he wanted to take over... I knew I'd have to send him away. So, I said goodbye to my six year old and never thought of him again because it was too painful. That's why... I never told you about him. I was scared. Scared you'd want to go there too and..." Mom rubbed her eyes. I sighed and shook my head.

"I... I have to rest. This day has been hectic."

"Vinnie... I'm sorry." Mom called out, but I didn't turn back.

"I'll teach you how to use your powers tomorrow so be ready." Adam said.

I walked upstairs to my room and stopped in the hallway. This was too much to take in. As I entered my room, I closed the door and went straight to my dresser to change clothes. Laying down on my bed didn't help me sleep, despite feeling so tired. Maybe it was because I'd just used my powers for the first time. I stared up at the ceiling and put my hand up. Something clicked in my brain and as I snapped my fingers, my hand was on fire. I stared at the blue flames as they licked my hand and rose up. The flames were beautiful. It didn't hurt, only made my hand feel warmer than usual. So this was what I was now...

There was a knock on my door and I sat up, letting the fire go out.

"Come in." I said and stared at the wall across from me.