Chapter 23: Blood Sucker

Jake's POV:

We stayed at the beach for a few hours before I began to feel weird. We decided it was time to go back home and instead of Vinnie coming over, I told her she could go home. I went upstairs to my room and looked at my reflection in my mirror. Nothing. A red line caught my eye and I frowned. I pulled my shirt down and looked at my back. A fresh bite mark. Vinnie didn't bite me at the beach. Did she? No... It looks like it happened last night. I decided to go tell my mom about this.

I went downstairs into the kitchen and saw my mom in the refrigerator. I chuckled and walked inside. She looked up and had blood all over her mouth, her fangs out. She grabbed a napkin and  wiped it off.

"Oh hey Jake. I didn't expect you to be home so soon. I... I was just getting a snack. You know how pregnant women are." She smiled and I smiled back.

"Uh, actually I don't but I found this bite mark on my neck." I walked over to her and showed her. She examined the bite.

"Take off your shirt." She demanded. I did as she said and heard her gasp. I didn't know what was going on but my head was beginning to spin and I couldn't stand much longer. She yelled to my father who flashed downstairs. What was going on?

"Are you having the babies? Oh my god! Okay.,.. um... um, deep breaths. I'll get your bag." He started nudging mom gently towards the door. She stopped him and swatted at his hands.

"I'm not having the babies Peter! Look at Jake's back. There's bite marks all over him." Dad looked at me and grinned.

"Nice son! I have bite marks on me too." I cringed and almost vomited right then and there. I can't believe he said that.

"Ugh. I think I'm going to throw up." I covered my mouth and dad rolled his eyes.
"They're not from Vinnie and even if they were, she wouldn't leave them... on my back! I don't know where they came from." I shrugged and put back on my shirt. I started to sway back and forth.

My eyes rolled to the back of my head and I fell onto the floor. Before I passed out I heard, them whisper her name. How could I forget Snake?

-------------------------------------
Vinnie's POV:

I was really worried about Jake. What if it was serious? Alexandria told me he was faking but I could feel his pain through the bond. His head was pounding and then his back was also hurting. I was going to ask him about it but I knew better. Jake was gone now so I had to keep myself busy to take my mind off him. So I built a sand castle. Since mine was better than Adam's he kept "accidentally" hitting my sand castle. I had to move away from him so he couldn't mess it up again. The sand castle I made, with the help of Danny since I couldn't use salt water, was the size of a Barbie house. I decided to make sand people too to go with it. It reminded me of me and Jake and I don't even know why! They looked nothing like him! It's official.

I'm in love.

I sighed and I looked around for a spot to make a house sized. The beach was starting to get crowded so I had to hurry. I found a nice spot away from the cruel waves of the ocean. I startes to start with the bottom. I used my fire to harden the sand into clay. It took me hours but I finally finished. I floated back down after looking over the roof. It was good. A little crowd of humans and others had gathered. They all applauded and I smiled. I opened the clay door and decided to make furniture.

I made a couch, a chair, a table, and a clay person putting his arm around the couch. I also made a tv and of course I made a clay wire to plug in the fake tv into the socket that I had made too. I was impressed with my skills. I'd never even built a sand castle like this. It was like a new and interesting discovery. A few minutes later, a news team showed up with cameras and microphones. They asked me all sorts of questions about how I created it and why.