Chapter 19: Want You More

Vinnie's POV:

It's been two days since I've been turned and so far, it's going okay. I began to get used to my super speed and drinking blood wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. It was nice being the same temperature as Jake now. I was tired of holding hands with an icicle. Putting the vampire stuff aside, today was a big day for us all. We were graduating. Since new people have come into our group of friends, Danny told everyone to meet at my place instead of hers. Mom was downstairs talking with everyone while I was staring at myself in the mirror, frowning.

I laid out the dress I was going to wear on my dresser the night before and now seeing it on me, made me feel self-conscious. The dress itself was strapless, but was tight around the chest to keep it up. The top half of the dress was sea-foam green and a black sash separated it from the bottom half. The bottom part of the dress was a navy blue that flowed in ruffles and stopped mid-thigh. I chose to pair black flats with it because if I wore heels, I'd probably fall on my face as I walked across the stage and that'd be really embarrassing.

It was one of the best dresses I had so why not wear it for graduation? Because it shows my weird bony knees. That's why. I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair. I'd be wearing a gown over it anyway. Graduation only happens... twice. Once in high school, the other in college. It wouldn't matter what I was wearing underneath my graduation gown. As long as I got this over with.

I pulled a chair in front of my dresser mirror and sat down. I picked up my brush and began to untangle my hair. A knock sounded at my door before it opened and my mother came in. I smiled at her in the mirror and kept brushing my hair.

"Oh Vinnie. You look so beautiful... so grownup. Let me curl your hair. It'll be easier." Mom closed the door and walked towards me. I handed her the brush and she ran it down the full length of my hair.
"You know, every single one of you look like adults today. I'm so proud to have seen you all grow up."

"Moooom. You're gonna make me cry." I blinked back the tears building up. Mom chuckled and set the brush down. She took my hair in her hands and sighed.

"You should cut your hair."

I hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek. I walked out of my room and touched my recently cut and curled hair. I was surprised to have my head feel lighter. I liked the feeling. As I walked downstairs, I smiled at my friends chatting with each other. And Jake. Francine also curled her hair to match with her spaghetti strapped yellow dress with a thin white bow around her waist. There was a matching bow in her hair too. Her shoes were simple white flats and the simplicity of the look made her look even more beautiful.

I turned to look at Danny who looked completely different from her tomboy appearance I saw at school everyday. Her hair was tied in a bun and she was wearing a short strapless sky blue dress with black heels. I grinned when I noticed Justin drooling over her in his black tux and red tie.

Then, I turned my attention to Ashley. She was wearing a white lace romper with thin straps. I have to say her shoes were beautiful. White ankle boots with a two inch-heel. Jake and Alex were just wearing jeans and a nice dress shirt except Duncan who was wearing dress pants and fancy black shoes.

"Hey guys." Everyone turned to face me and I gulped. All the attention made me nervous as I walked down the rest of the stairs.

Alex whistled and slowly clapped his hands, causing my cheeks to warm up. I was glad I was incapable of blushing. Duncan was the only one who wasn't looking at me. He was looking out the window. I heard him mumbling words. All I could make out was 'Ashley' and 'too short'. I'm guessing he didn't like what she was wearing. It would probably attract attention from others.

"You cut your hair!" Ashley, Francine, and Danny exclaimed simultaneously. I smiled sheepishly.
"It makes you look hella cute girl."

"Thanks you guys. You don't look so bad yourselves." I walked over to them and engulfed them in a group hug.

When I pulled away, someone yanked me into a firm chest. I blinked in surprise and looked up. Jake smiled and leaned down to kiss me. He put his hand on my hair and deepened the kiss. I moaned and he took this time to let his tongue enter my mouth. He pulled away breathless and smirked down at me. I was still in a daze from the kiss but managed to snap out of it a few minutes later.

I looked around the living room and noticed Francine and Alex making out on my couch! My house isn't a love nest for them! Alex looked up at me and judging by the raised eyebrows I'm guessing he saw my disgusted expression.

"Vinnie, when you mark your mate, they go into heat. That's why you have sex when you mark someone. I mean I already marked her a few weeks ago but sometimes it still comes back. Francine and I have at least engaged in s-"

"Lalalalalalala! I don't want to know." I covered my ears. I'm still a innocent girl. Well... not as much but.

"Vinnie we won't tell you if you don't wanna know." Francine smiled and I narrowed my eyes at her. She's lying. I knew she was but still I uncovered my ears and sighed.

"Thank you."

"20 times." She smirked at me.

"Aahh! Francine! Why would you do that to me!?" I yelled.

She just continued to make out with Alex. 80 times was actually a lot. I didn't think a person could do it that much, certainly not when your 17. I mean I know it wasn't all in one day but still. Jake caressed my shoulders and I bit my lip as his hand dropped to my thigh. 'I know you want to Vin. Since you cut your hair short, it's driving me crazy.' Jake said in mind link. I looked and him and took his hand. He grinned and let me upstairs just as Ashley yelled.

______________________________________________________________________________
A really long chapter ik. Sorry about any mistakes. Thanks to anyone who pointed them out! Comment and vote!