Chapter 24: Family Reunion

Vinnie's POV:

I groaned as I stretched out in bed. My body was a little sore from the activity I was just participating in. I rubbed my eyes sleepily and rolled over towards Jake. Now that I was a vampire too, Jake's body temperature was the same as mine. It felt nice waking up next to him and I know I wouldn't mind doing this for eternity. I sighed and slowly opened my eyes. Jake's face was mere inches from mine and I could hear the soft breathing coming from him, making me smile. I love you so much Jake Isaiah Rein.

I kissed Jake's nose. He stirred and let out a small groan before his eyes opened revealing a beautiful blue green that was now my favorite color. He gave me a small smile and pulled me closer. That's when I realized that we were both naked. My face burned with embarrassment and at time, I was glad I couldn't blush anymore. I'm pretty sure my eyes gave away my shame because Jake chuckled and sat up. He pulled me onto his lap and closed his eyes as he started moving. I groaned and shook my head.

We shouldn't do it again. We should get up and.... I glanced over at the clock to see it was twelve in the afternoon. I sighed and placed my hands on Jake's shoulders as I felt him harden beneath me.

"You know we can't." I whispered.

"Why not?" Jake opened his eyes,

"We've already done it..." I bit my lip.

"Eight times." He lightly nibbled my neck.

"E... Exactly, that's enough. I'm going to get-"

"Your jeans are ripped." Jake smirked against my neck as I frowned.

"Ugh. I hate you." I grabbed his hands and folded his arms across his chest. I stood up and put on Jake's shirt while he watched me intently.

"I know you don't." He grinned. I rolled my eyes and threw his boxers at him. Jake sighed and put them on under his bed sheets.
"You're going to need to get used to seeing me naked."

"Yeaahhh no. Maybe in a few years." I chuckled as I winked at him and smoothed out my hair.

Jake only rolled his eyes and picked up a pair of sweatpants. He put them on before taking my hand in his and leading me out of his room. I stared at our hands and smiled. It just felt right to hold his hand. I knew that much. Jake was my mate. Soul mate and I would always love him. It was a known fact. I know it's sappy but that's how I feel and I think I always will. Just being next to Jake, makes my inner vampire purr in delight. It's official. I really am in love.

As Jake led me down the hall to the stairs, my leg began to cramp up and I had to stop for a minute. I used my free hand to massage the back of my thigh. I winced when I noticed the small amount of pain that went through it. I turned my head and saw the light bruising that was healing. I could see it was a handprint and I knew it belonged to Jake. Heat climbed into my cheeks and I bit my lip. Jake stopped walking and turned back to me with a frown on his perfect face.

"Are you alright?" He tilted his head. I smiled and nodded my head.

Jake raised an eyebrow but I his squeezed his hand in reassurance. He turned back around and we walked down the stairs. I was starting to get nervous when we reached the kitchen. I could hear the chatter of the others. Alexandra, Alexandria, and worst of all... their parents. As I walked in behind Jake, he let go of my hand. It felt colder now so I clasped it in my other hand. Their dad chuckled and patted Jake on the back, making Jake smile.

Alexandra gave me a knowing smirk and I turned away from her. Jake walked over to the tall metal refrigerator and pulled out a carton of orange juice. The cramp in my leg started up again and I massaged it, hoping it would go away.