Chapter 18: An Unexpected Visit

Carly's POV:

I went out and got some ice cream from Cold Stone. I decided to have three scoops since I was a new person, starting today. Two of pistachio and the third one mint. I've always loved pistachio ever since I was a little girl. Mom and dad would buy me a small pint of ice cream on my birthdays every year and only on my birthday so I wouldn't get tired of it. They stopped doing it once I became a cheerleader at high school. 'Ice cream is fattening. If you want to become head cheerleader, you need to stay fit.' Mom would always say that. Every food that they deemed "fattening" in the grocery store, was off limits.

I was glad I decided to buy it myself. It reminded me of the good times. I stared down at the pale green ice cream and licked my lips. I took ahold of my spoon and cut into the soft frozen treat. I picked up a large amount of it and lifted it to my mouth. My eyes stared at it a while, admiring how it looked. I finally put it in my mouth and smiled as it melted instantly. My tongue reveled in the creamy texture and the flavor.

I sighed and took another bite of my ice cream. I came to the park to hang out in the shade of a tree and watched people play. I missed this. All I needed now was mom and dad by my side. But they would only take away my ice cream. They would take away my happiness. Just like Aimme. I guess our friendship wasn't meant to last.

My eyes began to fill with tears. I blinked rapidly to get rid of them. I pushed those negative thoughts away and tried to think of what was happening now. I leaned against the tree and closed my eyes. Everything would be okay. I'd be fine. I hungrily ate the rest of my ice cream and placed it next to me. I wiped my hands on my shorts and crossed my ankles. I didn't care about what I wore anymore. Today proved that fact. I was just wearing a black shirt with blue denim shorts and black ankle high boots with two inch heels. Maybe this was who I was meant to be but the ice cream didn't make me feel better like it usually did.

I need to confront Aimme. I hadn't seen her since the hospital. I kept thinking about her and dreaming about her too. They say that if you dream about someone, they're thinking about you. I doubt that. There's no way that our brains are connected in that way. We're not connected to each other like that. Yes, the mind is a complex thing but how could you know a person miles away is thinking about by dreaming about them? I just don't see the logic in that. In my opinion, I think your subconscious is thinking about that person but you don't know it since, you know, it's your subconscious.

Something hit my leg and I looks down. It was a small blue ball.

"S-Sorry!" A little boy came running my way, his blonde hair flipping up and down in front. Usually I would throw the ball the other way but I'm a changed person. I picked it up and placed it in his small hands. He smiled at me, his green eyes shining brightly. They were the same shade of green like mine.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Anything for a cute kid like you." I ruffled up his hair and chuckled. He ran off and I sighed. I definitely wanted kids. With Aimme.

* * *

I stayed at the park a little bit later than I had hoped. I just felt so at peace there. Hopefully mom and dad wouldn't ask about why I was out so late. It wasn't like I would tell them exactly what happened anyway. They would make me work out twice as hard.

I sighed and smoothed out my clothes along with my hair. I unlocked the door and walked in. Instead of mom or dad waiting for me, there was laughter coming from the living room. I frowned and closed the door behind me locking it.

"Mom, dad I'm home." I said. The laughter died down.

"We're in the living room." Dad called.

I walked into the living room and gasped. Standing right in the middle with their back turned towards me was the person I thought I would never see again. They turned around, their blond hair moving onto their face. I wanted so desperately to move it away. I swallowed and took a step back as my eyes welled with traitorous tears.

"Hey Carly. It's been a while."
________________________________________________________________________
Yes this is updated. Sorry that I um rewrote the chapter. You don't have to read it if you don't want to but if you're reading this right now, I guess you have :P Anyway, I might rewrite other chapters that are too short or have too much dialogue or are really confusing! X3 thanks for reading. Oh and one more thing... I know you hate Carly so... there will only be one more pov of hers and then she's gone :3