Chapter 11: Lust and Confusion

Francine's POV:

When I walked into school Monday morning, some of my classmates kept staring at me. Some seemed surprised while others showed their attraction very easily. I guess it had something to do with dyeing my hair back to its original dirty blonde and wearing clothing that I actually liked. No more all black apparel. In its place, I was wearing light blue jeans with a white t-shirt underneath my red plaid hoodie. It wasn't hard to change back to how I used to dress since I finally realized that I shouldn't have changed myself for a guy. Alex liked me all along and I shouldn't have tried to impress him over a stupid rumor.

I hadn't seen Alex all day since I arrived at school and it was now third period, almost lunch time. I was beginning to get impatient and I didn't know if he had come to school or not. I couldn't smell his scent at all anywhere. I put my stuff in my backpack and put it on, sitting on the edge of my seat like a few other people around me. I tapped my fingers against my leg as I stared at the clock, waiting for the bell to ring. As if on cue, it rang and I shot out of my seat, pushing in my chair and heading out. I shook my head and kept my eyes straight ahead until I saw my locker. I walked up and put in my combination before sliding off my backpack from one arm. I left it on my other and unzipped it, taking out some of my things that I wouldn't need to take home.

There was an appreciating whistle behind me before a hand grabbed my ass. I whipped around, pushing away whoever it was. I scowled at the wimpy boy who stood there smirking, his dark ruby eyes dancing with flames. Justin Blake was a guy who we all had a bit of disdain for, especially Danny considering she was a water element. To me and all of the girls, Justin was the most annoying person on the planet. He always hit on each one of us without taking the hint, yet him and Alex were still some type of friends. I guess that would change if he didn't stop doing this. He scanned me top to bottom with his eyes and I shuddered. Justin gave me a lazy smile before leaning against the locker next to mine. 

He had on another one of his oversized long sleeved sweaters with a pair of baggy black sweatpants. I never understood his style. I glared at him and finished putting the stuff in my locker before turning to look at him. Justin's eyes ran over me again and my anger began to bubble up. I knew I had to keep my cool so as to not create a scene.

"What do you want, Justin?" I huffed, crossing my arms. I met his eyes for a split second and noticed discomfort and urgency in them. I shrugged it off and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Your number?" Justin wiggled his eyebrows. I smirked at him and started to laugh.

"I have a mate now and if you don't want him to kick your ass, you'll stop hitting on me. Actually, all of us because we all found one at the mate party." I smiled but he just rolled his eyes.

"I don't smell him on you. He definitely didn't mark you yet. But I'm not trying to hook up with you, I just want to ask you something." He slowly locked his eyes with mine. I narrowed my eyes and he raised his hands.

I was starting to get uncomfortable so I glanced around to see if I could get out of this situation. I didn't see many people or anything I could use since most people were heading to the cafeteria or the outside area to have lunch. I heard a low growl and saw Danny with her head peeking from a classroom door. She locked eyes with me, raising her eyebrows. I sighed a breath of relief and looked back at Justin who seemed to be already looking at her. A small smile tugged at his lips as she started to walk over to us. There was a glint in her eyes as she stared at him, making me wonder what she was thinking about. I glanced between them both before realizing that Danny was in a "mate call" with her mate. I remembered that there was a way for you to talk telepathically with your mate after they mark you or... intercourse happens.