Chapter 21: Stressed Out

Francine's POV:

Aimme and Carly were mates. I just thought they were best friends but I should've known something between them would happen. I was happy for them though. At least they finally found happiness. Aimme told me how Carly rejected her other mate and somehow, Aimme became her mate. It must have been painful but she did it for love I guess. They told us that they were running away since Carly's parents wouldn't let them be together and Aimme's parents didn't care anyway. Vinnie was asking them all sorts of questions while we drove with them. Carly only answered some which were okay but others were very inappropriate and I had to keep hitting Vinnie to shut the hell up.

We went back to Carly's house so she could get some clothes and then Aimme's so she could do the same. They told us one day they might come back and visit us. I didn't know how I felt about that but Vinnie went ahead and told them we'd be happy to see them once again. This was a turning point in our lives. Our tormentors become our friends. Hm. How weird.

They dropped Vinnie and I at the school. I guess they were skipping graduation like we were supposed to. I blame Alex. He's been mind linking me ever since he didn't see me at the school. At least I knew he cared. We waved goodbye to them before they drove off. As I watched their car turn the corner and disappear, Vinnie gasped. I turned to her and saw that her eyes were sparkling. I raised an eyebrow as she looked at me.

"We're at graduation now. Jake's inside. I can feel it. But... we didn't want to go though right?" Vinnie asked. I nodded and sighed.

I grimaced. How could she forget? But that's right. Me, Vinnie, and Jake didn't want to go to the graduation but here we are. I shrugged my shoulders and began up the steps. So Jake went after all. Probably looking for Vinnie. I thought their relationship was sweet. Vinnie is shy and sweet while Jake is outgoing and cold. After meeting Vinnie and marking her, he's been pretty mellow. It made me think of Alex and how he's gotten so jealous if a guy even so much as looks at me. That's what happens when you mark your mate. Your jealousy spikes. Like Danny's. She was never the jealous type before Justin. But everything changes.

We walked in to see Jake pacing the hall. Ah, so Vinnie was right. The door behind us closed loudly. Jake ceased his pacing as he looked over to us. He let out a small breath of relief before he flashed in front of Vinnie and hugged her. She was caught off guard at how fast he appeared in front of her so she stumbled a bit. Vinnie hugged him back quickly, her arms wrapping around his neck. So much for the warm welcome. I crossed my arms and smiled at the hugging couple as they swayed.

"Where were you guys!? All of us were  worried." He pulled away from Vinnie and kissed her. Jake turned towards me and started glaring. I rolled my eyes.
"Alex is pretty pissed at you."

"I know. He kept mind linking with me." I huffed.

"Carly had some problems with her family so she used her powers to summon us." Vinnie sighed, leaving out the part about Aimme.

"Francine!" Alex was storming down the hall. He's so cute when he's angry.

"Hey Alex. I missed you." I smiled.

"Save it." Alex glared at me. I frowned.
"What is-"

"Save it? Are you kidding me? I haven't seen you for a few hours and all you have to say is how mad you are?" I huffed.

"Uh... what I was gonna say before you interrupted, what is your problem? Today's graduation and you're acting like you don't care."

I suddenly felt embarrassed. I mentally facepalmed. Note to self: Let people finish sentences. I walked out of the school blushing. I don't know what's wrong with me today. I've been actingd so weird lately. It's starting to piss me off. Warm tears rolled down my cheeks as I stared into the distance. The wind blew some of my hair across my face so I moved some of it behind my ear. I could hear the music and chatter of the graduation.

Everyone was probably there, dressed up in fancy clothing. I started to cry. I missed graduation. And for what? I didn't know. My whole life is confusing and I can't figure it out. I stopped standing and walked over to a tree. I tore it in two and threw it in the street. What was wrong with me?

"Nothing's wrong with you." Alex whispered. I shrieked and jumped around. I glared at him.

"Don't do that! No more reading my mind. If you do, don't say anything."

I sniffled and wiped my cheeks. He seemed worried as he came closer. Alex opened up his arms and I ran into them. Feeling the tingles against my skin calmed down my sobs. Alex kissed my head and pulled away a little bit.

"Why are you acting so weird?" He whispered.

"I'm acting weird?" I scoffed but my voice broke at the end. My bottom lip trembled from the tears I was holding in. Finally, I broke down into tears. I wanted to relax but I couldn't do that. Not right now.

"How about we take a vacation to? Would you like that?" Alex rubbed my back. I thought about it and shook my head against his chest.

"No. I want to stay here. M-Maybe we could g-go to the beach and then to the forest." I looked up at him and smiled a little. The beach always relaxed me and the forest helped me be calm.

"Um... okay. Tomorrow. We'll gather everyone up and go have fun." Alex smiled showing his fangs. When his fangs showed, he was hungry. I raised an eyebrow.

"Have you been eating?" I looked down at his stomach. As if answering, it growled loudly. I frowned and looked up at Alex.

"Not since... Friday. You make me forget. Plus the exersise we do wears me out." Alex winked at me.

Today was Monday. It's been two days since he's eaten. I don't want him to starve because of me. I sighed. I had to make the drastic desicion. It was for our own good but I would miss him. His hands roaming over my body, his sweet kisses on my neck. Feeling connected in such an intimate way. Ugh. I kissed him before I pulled away.

"We'll take a break." I stated shakily.

He panicked and his grip on my waist tightened. I rolled my eyes and tried pulling away from him. Alex wouldn't let go. I frowned and flipped some of my hair off my shoulder. He stared at it for a while before I nodded. Giving him some blood would calm him down. So I would give him some of my blood. Vampires can drink from other vampires but it's rarely done. Alex bit into my neck with a small crunch. I bit back a whimper as he began to drink. After five minutes, Alex pulled away and licked my wound making it heal.

While he fed from me, I felt his distress.

"We're breaking up?" It looked as though he was about to cry. I furrowed my brows and cupped his cheeks in both of my hands, brushing my thumbs against them.

"What? No. No! I meant from you know." I replied. He sighed a breath of relief.

"Oh. You got me worried. But still. I don't want to take a break. You're a devil in bed." I laughed and nudged his arm.
"Come on. Danny texted me. They're at Jake's house talking to Alexandra." I followed him to his car and we drove over to Alexandra's/Alexandria's/Jake's house. Too many names.