Chapter 27: Commitment Issues

Jake's POV:

Ever since Vinnie left yesterday Alexandria and Alexandra have been smirking at me. I don't know why. I went into the bathroom and Alexandra was waiting outside the door. She saw me. What did she do? Smirk!

I've been felling like I was in danger today. I didn't know what it meant though. I decided to ask Alexandria about it. Maybe she could help.

I went into the kitchen where Alexandria was. She was sitting on one of the chairs eating cereal. I poured myself a glass of orange juice. She looked up at me and smirked. Like what the fuck!? I calmed my anger.

"Alexandria."

"Yes clothes ripper?" Oh so that was it.

"Oh. So just because I accidentally ripped her clothes, I'm a clothes ripper? What about you huh? I saw Adam leave only wearing his pants. What's up with that? Where'd his shirt go?" I raised my eyebrow. Alexandria blused furiously.

"What do you want?" I could tell she was annoyed.

"I been feeling... like something was going to happen. Something dangerous." She stopped eating.

"Me too. I don't know what it means though but I have a feeling that it's going to happen soon."

"Yeah." Just then my phone rang and I picked it up.
"Hello?"

"If you want to see Vinnie again let me borrow five bucks." I rolled my eyes.

"Haha. Very funny Alex. I'm not letting you borrow five bucks. I need it." I said.

"What!? I need it more than you! To buy something for Francine." He said that last part in a whisper.

"Like what? Chips?" I smirked and took a big sip of my orange juice.

"No. For a engagement ring." My eyes widened and spit out my orange juice. I wiped my mouth.

"What!? Are you out of your mind!?" I took another big sip of my orange juice. I heard a grunt and looked up to see Alexandria's face covered with the orange juice I had spit out.

I spit out my orange juice for the second time all over Alexandria's face and started laughing. I held my stomach as I stood up.

"Jake Isaiah Rein!" She yelled. I got up and ran to my room laughing all the way there. I locked the door quickly. Alexandria was trying to open it.

"Jake? Jake? You still there?" Alex was still on phone. I forgot all about him.

"Oh yeah sorry. Whoo! I just spit orange juice twice all over Alexandria's face! Accidentally of course. But man. You should've been here." I continued laughing.

"That sounds awesome! Anyway, about the money."

"Oh. How are you supposed to buy an engagement ring with five dollars?" I sighed.

"I have 1,996 dollars saved up and the ring costs two thousand so I think that's the right amount."

"Why do you need the extra dollar?" I frowned.

"Well... tax or... chips."

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm hungry!" He growled. I sighed.

"Well, I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Actually, I'm already here." My expression: -_- I should've known.

I unlocked my door quietly and looked outside. Alexandria wasn't there. I quietly went downstairs and opened the front door. Alex was there. He smiled.

"I owe you Jake."

"Yeah. Five bucks. Anyway I hope she says yes." I smiled.

"Thanks. I hope Vinnie says yes too." He smiled back. I frowned.

"What? I don't have an engagement ring for her."

"Yes you do. Reach into your back pocket." I was confused but did as he said. There was a ring box inside. I opened it and widened my eyes. A beautiful engagement ring. It had a blue diamond in the middle and small diamonds around it. I closed it up and looked up at Alex.

"No. Here take it back. It's too much." I handed him the ring box but he shook his head.

"It's not mine." If it wasn't his then who's was it?

"It's your great grandmother's." I turned around to face my dad. He smiled at me.

"Dad. I can't... I'm not ready for marriage."

"But I am." I turned around to see Vinnie standing there. I felt bad that she heard this and groaned. I handed my dad back the ring and ran upstairs. I closed the door.

Before I could sit down on my bed, someone grabbed my arm. I turned around to see a man with a red beard. I growled and pushed him away. I ran to the door but he threw a machete at my back. Who the hell just whips out a machete like that!? Where'd he come from?! Like you don't see me whipping out a machine gun!

I screamed out and fell onto the floor. I heard Vinnie yelling and banging on the door. I coughed up blood as the machete was removed from my back. I pushed myself up on my shaky arms only to get hit on the back of my head and black out. Could this day get any worse?
________________________________________________________________________
Short chapter sorry. :P The next chapter is longer.