Chapter 20: Caught

Carly's POV:

Aimme. That's who was in my living room when I walked down the stairs. She smiled at me, cracking her knuckles. Her hair was in a long braid that rested on her shoulder. She was just wearing her blue sweater and light blue jeans. Why was she here the day before graduation? Why was she here at all? The last time I saw her was in the hospital and the events of that day are still fuzzy. All I remember is waking up to this sweet smell and seeing her face so close to mine before it disappeared. I couldn't smell anything sweet today. Maybe it was my imagination. Dad and mom came into my room after Aimme left, lecturing me about something I didn't even remember. He definitely didn't care about me anymore. I guess that's  what happens when angels lose their way.

"What are you... doing here?" I asked as calmly as I could. I wanted to say I'm sorry for all the things I said and it was hard not to with my parents in the room. They stared between us.

"I came to talk to you. Can we go up to your room?"

I sighed and signaled for her to follow me upstairs. We walked down the hall in silence, not so much as looking at each other. We could never go back to being friends. Too much has happened and it'd wouldn't be the same. 

I opened my door and stepped away from it to let Aimme in and closed my door. I walked over to my bed and heard Aimme lock my door. I didn't question what she was doing since it was obvious. She put up a sound barrier and ran her hands over her hair. 

"Okay, so let's talk." I sat down on my bed and stared at my bare feet. I hadn't painted them since the incident and it only showed how much I wasn't myself. I heard Aimme sigh and pace in front of me. She stopped.

"I'm sorry that I ignored you. I shouldn't have done that. You could've died Carly and if you did, I  would have to deal with the fact that it was my fault." She rubbed the tear from her eyes.

The truth is, she was right.I jumped because she left me. It was her fault but it was also mine. If I wasn't such a bitch... if I had stopped hurting people just because I was in pain, then maybe everything would be different. It was hard... I just wanted someone else to feel pain instead of me. I'm sorry Vinnie. I also jumped because I hated myself for fucking up the one thing going great in my life. Tears fell from my eyes and Aimme stopped talking. This was awkward. She sat next to me, grabbing my hand.

"I broke up with Sam because he wasn't my mate. I found out who was when I was at the hospital. Something that someone has been hiding from me. From you!" She turned my head to face her. Tingles tickled my cheek. What the- Aimme leaned in and kissed me. More tingles exploded where our lips met. Her's were soft and kissed me gently, yet I knew they craved more. I pushed her away, standing up.

"What are you doing!?" I ran my fingers through my hair and paced back and forth. Aimme groaned and covered her face. I kept trying to process what just took place. She... Aimme was a... There were... We were... Holy shit.

"We're mates Carls." She smiled at me when I looked at her. Aimme made no sudden movements to get up. 

I shook my head. I was straight. I'm 100% straight. Am I? I glanced at Aimme and blushed. She was staring at her shoes, a few strands of her hair falling across her fair skin. Almost... angelic. Instinct took over and I pushed her against the bed, kissing her. Her lips molded perfectly with mine and I knew she was right. Tingles spread throughout my body and I smiled. Aimme moaned against my lips and I moved my mouth to her neck. We had many things to talk about, but they could wait

* * *

When I awoke, it was morning. I couldn't see the sun shine from my balcony like usual since it was boarded up. I groaned and stretched my arms out, feeling uneasy for some reason. Everything from last night came back to me in a flash and I smiled, opening my eyes. She was still asleep, her covering her face. My heart raced inside my chest and my stomach started tying itself in knots. Horror overcame me and I looked towards my door. My eyes widened. This was not happening. This had to be a dream. I sat up and saw mom and dad standing in the doorway, pissed as hell. Mom glared at Aimme's sleeping form while dad stared straight at me with a look of hatred. My heart squeezed and Aimme stirred, frowning. She flipped her hair over her face and turned around, freezing when she saw my parents.