Chapter 17: Locked Inside

Vinnie's POV:

I opened my eyes a bit. The light assaulted them and I hissed, rolling away from it. I saw Alexandra and Alexandria on my little couch by my window asleep. I sat up and stretched my arms. My throat was really dry just like my tongue. I tried moving around my mouth to get some saliva going. When I swallowed, my throat began to hurt. It was too painful to bear that I had to suppress a whimper. I remembered Jake turning me and smiled a little. I touched my neck.

He told me I could have just drank his blood but it's sweet and I would have the urge to... in his words "fuck his brains out". Of course Jake being Jake said he wouldn't mind one bit. I decided it would be better for everyone if I just let him bite me. It made me smile until I realized that it was Tuesday and I had missed school. I groaned.

Alexandria woke up suddenly and looked at me. She smiled and got up.

"You're awake! How are you feeling?" She smiled brightly. I opened my mouth to talk but no words came out. Realization crossed her face and she stood up.
"I'm sorry. I forgot newbies are very thristy when they wake up."

She walked over to a mini fridge that I'd never seen before and got a blood bag. I was hesitant to take it but the dryness in my throat was killing me so I took it and used my fangs to rip a hole in it. Right when I swallowed the blood, my throat muscles relaxed and my mouth felt moist again. I sighed in content and smiled in thanks at Alexandria.

I heard Alexandra yawn and I looked over to her. She rubbed her eyes and stretched her body on the couch. I decided to get up and walked to the door. I was there in a flash and I fell onto the floor. I rubbed my nose as I sat up. I have to be more careful. I'll walk more slower. Alexandra helped me up.

"It's hard at first. I fell at least a hundred times." She chuckled.

"That's about right." Alexandria smirked.

"Oh shut up. You fell more than I did." Alexandria rolled her eyes and turned away to stare out the window.

I smiled at both of them as I left the room to go downstairs. I went into the kitchen and saw mom talking on the phone. I guessed it was dad and he was working late again. I was about to open the refrigerator when I heard the doorbell ring. My mom looked back and was startled that I was there. I smiled at her and went to open the door.

I opened the door and saw Jake standing there. Impatiently looking at his phone. I smiled at him but he didn't look up from his phone. It was weird. I thought he would've caught my scent by now.

"Hi Mrs. Monarch. Is Vinnie awake? I wanted to give her something." He didn't look up from his phone and I took this to my advantage.

I used my vampire speed to get mom and put her where I was standing. Then I ran upstairs and into my bedroom and closed the door. Alexandria and Alexandra looked at me like I was crazy.

"I need you guys to pretend that I'm still asleep. Jake is here and I was to trick him." They nodded in agreement and a mischievous grin formed on both of their faces. I layed down on my bed right as Jake opened the door. Alexandria and Alexandra ran over to the couch they were sleeping on.

"Is she awake?" I heard Jake say.

"What do you see?" I heard Alexandria say. Their voices are a little different so I can tell.

He sighed and he sat on the bed. He moved the hair from my forehead and put something around my neck.

"Why did you buy that!?" Alexandra questioned, surprise filling her voice.

"I saw that she liked it and I bought it, spending one hundred dollars but as long as she's happy..."

I can't believe he spent that much money on me. I opened my eyes a crack and saw he was looking at Alexandria by the door. I sat up quickly and took in his scent of strawberries. I went back down as Jake looked at me. I heard Alexandria giggle.

"Did she just... get up?" He asked.

"No. You're imagining things. I know you want her to wake up but imagining her waking up is not helping." Alexandria was a good liar. I couldn't believe how convincing she sounded. I sat up one more time and kissed Jake. I felt his body move instantly.

"Okay. Now I know I'm not crazy. She just kissed me."

"What did I say? You're imagining things!" After Alexandria said that, I stopped getting up. Their voices faded into the background and I fell asleep for real.

* * *

Hands gently shook my shoulders. I groaned and rolled over. Someone chuckled and kept shaking me. I huffed.

"Give me five more minutes." I mumbled and turned over. Jake laughed.

"You were sleep talking." Jake said in a sing song voice.

My eyes snapped open and I sat up. I knew I talked in my sleep. Always have since I was little. A few weeks ago I recorded myself talking in my sleep. I kept saying 'Marry Jake', 'Have babies', and other things you don't need to know. It was the most embarrassing thing ever. I bit my lip and stared at them.

"What was I saying?" I asked skeptically.

Jake just smirked and I saw Alexandra and Alexandria laughing on the couch. They winked at me and I facepalmed. No no no! Why did it have to be today? I shouldn't have gone to sleep but I was still tired. I frowned and got out of bed. I slipped on my shoes and coat.

"Vinnie. Where are you going?" Jake sighed.

"Out. Is that a problem?" I grimaced. I walked out my bedroom door and got a chair and put it against the door knob. I ran downstairs as quickly as I could and went outside to my car.

"Vinnie!" I heard Jake yell.

I looked up to see that he was furious I locked them in my room. I smiled and waved as I got into my car. I started it and drove out of the driveway. I didn't know exactly where I was going but it was somewhere I could be alone. I smiled.

I had an idea.

________________________________________________________________________
So so so so so sorry for the late update. Internet problems. Anyway thanks for your support. Oh and be sure to check out my other stories like Love Me: Secretly and Sweetly and Pixie! Thx ;)