Chapter 3: Chance Encounters

Vinnie's POV:

I kept wondering why he had come out to help me. It's not like we had any classes together and we didn't hang out with the same friends. Maybe he just felt pity for me and if he did, I didn't need the tissues. Pity was something I didn't like. It made me feel weak and because of Carly, I was seen as weak everyday. He still held out the tissue to me and I sniffled, finally taking it to wipe my nose. He gave me a small smile and then we stood there in silence. I blew my nose and sniffled. I had tissues in my backpack but I'm glad he was here to give me one.

"My name's Sean." He held out his hand to me to shake and I had to wipe my sweaty hand on my shorts before shaking it. I tucked the tissue into my pocket.

"Vinnie. Thanks... for the tissue." I wiped the corner of my eyes. Sean nodded and ran his hand through his hair. He seemed like a pretty nice guy and I had a feeling we'd be able to become friends if I wanted to. Alex needs another guy to talk to instead of being surrounded by us girls all the time, not that he minded much. He could always talk to Danny about whatever video games that were coming out.

I headed back inside the school, finding myself a bit uncomfortable being alone with a boy. I didn't want any more misunderstandings and more people picking on me. Carly was more than enough for me. As I walked down the hall, I noticed that Sean was following me. I stopped at one of the trashcans to throw away the tissue and he stopped too. I looked up at him and thought about what I could say to make things less awkward, but I had just met him so it wasn't that bad... I hoped. I opened my mouth to say something just as Sean looked down the hall. He grinned and I turned back to see two other guys coming towards us.

The one in front had spiky light blond hair and dark gray eyes that instantly went to Sean. His mate I presume. He went to Sean's side, slipping his hand into his and looked at me. I swallowed and cleared my throat, readying my voice to speak. I glanced at Sean to see that his smile had grown and he looked happier. His eyes were brighter too. I smiled to myself, wondering if I would ever find something like that. 

Eyes were focused on me as I was staring at the exchange between Sean and Ethan. My gaze went to the other guy who was standing away from us like he didn't want to talk with us. His hair was jet black and he had blue green eyes. His eyes locked onto mine and I kept the eye contact before turning away. It was the guy I was staring at earlier in the halls! Oh no. No wonder he didn't want to be close to us. He was distancing himself from me after I kept staring at him and now he thinks I'm a creep. I really screwed up my first impression with him. It wasn't my fault that he looked like the guy in my dreams, but I doubt that his name is Light. He just had an uncanny resemblance to him. That's all.

"I'm Ethan, Sean's mate." The blond haired guy said. I nodded and licked my dry lips, still feeling my cheeks heating up

"I'm Vinnie. It's... nice to meet you." I tucked a hair behind my cheek.

Heat climbed into my cheeks and I wanted to slap myself as anxiety kicked in. My heart began hammering in my chest and I couldn't help but glance at the other guy. I took a step towards Sean and Ethan. They were already looking at me in curiosity. I leaned closer.

"Who's he?" I whispered, trying not to make it obvious. Ethan looked back and started laughing. I turned and saw that he had actually stepped outside.

"Are you too shy to talk to her?" Ethan asked, laughing. "Don't mind him Vinnie, his name's Mr. Scaredy-Cat."

They both laughed while the other guy became frustrated with his friends' taunting. Deep down I felt bad for him because I knew what it felt like to be in his position. Anger flooded my body and I glared at the laughing couple. It didn't feel like my own emotion and instead like I was a different person. The more I tried to keep it in, the more it wanted to come out.

"Don't call him that. I'm sure he... um... sorry, I..." I trailed off as my sudden anger faded and my resolve went away. Ethan looked at the other guy and raised an eyebrow. Sean smirked and I blushed. The other guy appeared in front of them both in the blink of an eye and I had to step back.

"So help me I will kill the both of you." He said. Sean's face lost its playfulness and he took a protective stance in front of Ethan.

"If you hurt him, I will tell Vinnie about you know what, J-"

The bell rang right above us and I covered my ears, wincing. I wasn't able to catch his name but I knew it started with a J. The hallway began to flood with students and I groaned. I forgot all about the incident in there and forgot to eat lunch since I was talking with them. I rubbed my cheek and it began to burn again. There had to be something I could do about it before I walked home with Ken. I know he would throw a fit about it. Stupid Carly and her heavy hands. The boy grimaced and walked up to me. He tilted my head away from him and stared at my cheek. Once his fingers met my skin, he shocked me. I flinched, backing away. He apologized before touching my cheek again. This time, it was just tingles. I closed my eyes and leaned into his palm.

The pleasurable tingles were something that hadn't happened before. I wanted to feel them all the time. I read about the tingles somewhere in sex ed but I couldn't remember why they happened. Either way, I didn't want him to remove his hand from my face. I stepped closer and his other hand rest on my waist. I could feel his face so close to mine and my eyes snapped open. He was staring at me like he wanted to kiss me and my body leaned forward. Someone cleared their throat and I was brought back to reality. I pulled away and the guy glared at Ethan.

"I should... go. But um... what's your... name?" I asked. He hesitated for a second and I knew he wasn't going to tell me.

"Rein." He answered.

"That is your last name you fucking idiot! Don't you know your own name?" Two girls scoffed behind him. I moved my head to look at them as his eyes narrowed. He let out a frustrated sigh and spun around.

Two identical girls came towards us. They both had long dirty blonde hair and blue gray eyes, with almost matching outfits. Both girls had a nice but 'don't mess with me unless you want to die' aura around them and I knew it was best not to get involved with  them. The one on the left was more gloomy than the other and it was noticeable that she would break someone's arm without thinking twice. They both looked a little bit like him. They must've been his older twin sisters. They stopped in front of me and the one on the right reached out to touch my hair. Rein growled, causing her to smirk.

"This is Alexandra and I'm Alexandria. Sorry if our younger brother has caused you any trouble or confusing thoughts. We're triplets." She told me. So the one on my left was Alexandra. I shouldn't mess with her then. J chuckled and shook his head.

I didn't see how it was possible that they were triplets considering they had blonde hair and he had black. Even his eyes were different than theirs. I mean maybe they were but even his name started with a different letter than theirs. 

"You found her!" Alexandria squealed and I cringed. She was way too loud for me and I didn't even have advanced hearing. Alexandra rolled her eyes at her sister's reaction and smiled at me. I timidly smiled back.

He rolled his eyes too and walked away from them, his hand brushing against mine creating tingles. I jerked my arm towards my chest and saw his lips curve into a grin. I blushed and rolled my eyes as I started to smile too.

"Don't walk away from me!" Alexandria followed him. I watched them walk away and grabbed the straps of my backpack before walking to my last period of the day.

"I'm glad it's you." Alexandra blurted out.

"Um... what do you mean?" I stared at her and she just laughed.

"You'll find out soon enough."