Chapter 5: Falling Apart

Jake's POV:

I swallowed the last bit of cereal in my mouth and sighed. I still wanted more Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Ever since my vampirism kicked in, it never tasted like the sugary cinnamon cereal it once was to me. It didn't quite satisfy me anymore either. I suppose it makes sense though because the only thing that will fill me up now is blood. The thumping of footsteps came down the stairs and a wave of anger filled me. Ah, it would seem Alexandria was in a bad mood again and we were all going to be scapegoats. I thought about if it was because of her boyfriend, but that was an obvious answer. I grabbed the milk from the fridge and walked back to the table.

Alexandria growled as she stomped into the kitchen and yanked the refrigerator door open, almost breaking it. She grabbed a bottle of blood and noticed me sitting at the table when I began pouring another bowl. I ignored her and kept pouring my cereal when she suddenly slammed the fridge door closed. I frowned and glanced up at her before looking back at the milk jug in my hand. She walked over to the table and loudly dragged a chair away from the table. She sat down, smiling and taking small sips of the blood. I knew it was only a matter of time before she exploded on me. I raised an eyebrow at her as I put the cap back on the milk and took a spoonful of cereal into my mouth. She sighed and cracked her knuckles while glaring at me. I rolled my eyes which only made her growl.  I had to try hiding my smirk by eating more cereal as she leaned closer to me. The cereal went down the wrong pipe and I started to choke, coughing in her face accidentally. Her eyes turned black and I internally groaned. I just wanted to eat my cereal in peace.

"Little brother, you have to tell the girl about being mates before I do it instead." She snapped. I blinked at her before taking a swig from her blood bottle. I took another spoon of cereal while looking at her. I chewed slowly and then swallowed.

"Vinnie already knows... I'm pretty sure. If she doesn't, she'll know soon enough at the party anyway. And stop calling me your little brother." I huffed and continued to eat my Cinnamon Toast Crunch. One of the best cereals out there. She stood up abruptly, making the chair fall back and grabbed my shirt. I dropped my spoon and groaned as it clattered on the floor. She stared into my eyes before leaning over to my ear.

"You are younger than me, Jake. Don't forget, I will end you!" She whispered and I scoffed. She let go of my shirt, shoving me back.

I smirked, "You and what army?"

"What's up with the yelling, man? I'm trying to sleep." Alexandra huffed as she rubbed her eyes. She glared at Dria and opened her mouth but I cleared my throat and spoke first.

"I'm only 6 seconds younger than both of you." I retorted.

"Shut the fuck up and Alexandra, stay out of this." Dria snapped.

"Is it your time of the month or something?" I tilted my head to the side, smiling.

Her eyes widened at my remark and I could see the depths of hell burning in her eyes. I just made her very angry. I could hear Lex chuckling and I started to laugh too. Dria flipped the table over and launched herself at me. My cereal! I stood up and tried backing away, but I slipped in my spilled cereal and fell onto the floor with Dria on top of me. I groaned and squeezed my eyes shut as pain radiated in my ankle and arms. Dria punched my chest repeatedly before I pushed her off. I opened my eyes to see her eyes filled with tears. I raised my eyebrows in concern but she growled and ran at me again.

I put her in a headlock and made sure I wasn't actually choking her out. She squirmed and whimpered as she tried to get out of it. As Dria tried and failed to, Lex jumped on my back, laughing evilly. 

I gasped and jolted forward but made sure I didn't accidentally bust Dria's head open by rolling, but I landed on Lex. She yelped and pushed me off of her which made me let go of Dria. I fell against some cabinets and one of them broke off.  I cursed under my breath at what the destruction we had caused but started to laugh along with Lex who was rubbing her back. Dria wiped her face quickly, thinking neither of us would notice, but we did. Lex and I glanced at each other and she started laughing too. We decided not to ruin the atmosphere with questions and just went along with it. Her bad mood seemed to have passed.