Chapter 22: Tension

Vinnie's POV:

I stared at myself in the mirror and sighed. It'd been a while since I've gone to the beach. The last time I went, I was only six and wore a one piece, not a bikini. A lot of my skin was exposed and I didn't like it all that I've never been in a forest before so I knew this was going to be fun. We were all in Alexandria's room, getting ready and talking about the plan for today. I sighed and fixed my green and blue tie dye bikini before putting a large black hoodie over me and then slipped on my black vans. I took a large inhale from the hoodie and smiled. I knew Jake wouldn't like the stares of the other guys that were going to be at the beach so I brought this jacket just in case.

Danny was wearing a red two piece swimsuit that complimented her brown skin. It had orange flames that covered the front of the top and the sides of her bottoms. To top it off, Danny was also wearing red converse with her curly hair in a short ponytail. Ashley had on a pink pair of shorts and a black swimming tank top. It was a big change from her last bathing suit which was a skimpy blue two piece. Maybe it had something to do with the blonde haired and green eyed boy next to her. Nick. All I know is that Alex told me she hadn't talked to him all week because of Duncan.

 We walked out of Alexandra's room and went downstairs. I could see Justin's black pick up truck through the living room window. I smiled and opened the door. Everyone got out the back of Justin's truck and I smiled at them. Danny came out of the house and was instantly attacked by Justin who had his face buried in her neck. Ever since their relationship was finally out in the open, he took every chance he got to show his affection. It's not like Danny hated it anyway. She smiled and kissed him. I sighed and looked over at Jake. He came over to me and nuzzled my neck.

"You look beautiful." He whispered and pulled away. I smiled.

"Let's get going already." An unfamiliar voice said. I turned my head and saw a boy with bright blue eyes and black hair that hung in his eyes. He had on a simple black t-shirt and matching trunks.

"Who are you?" I asked. He opened his mouth.

"This is my brother Ryan." Francine explained. He rolled his eyes and huffed.

The house door closed and Alexandra came out of the house with her denim shorts covering the bottom half of her black bikini. She sighed and pulled her phone out of her pocket, typing. Ryan's heart started to beat faster and he let out a shaky breath beside. I turned my head. Ryan was slowly growling as he saw Justin go over to her and put his arm around her. Danny rolled her eyes and huffed. Alexandra just looked up at Justin and smiled brightly before punching him in the stomach. He groaned and fell onto his knees. That's when her eyes flickered to Ryan's a brief moment. He straightened. She looked back at her phone and slowly walked toward the truck.

She didn't want him as a mate?

I know I shouldn't mess with someone else's love life and Ryan doesn't seen to be the talk about his life type anyway. I bit my lip. Oh fuck it. I'm asking anyway.

"So... Ryan. do you have a mate?" I gulped. He turned his attention to me and sneered.

"I don't think that's any of your business." He snapped.

I stumbled back into Jake from the harsh tone he took with me. I glared at him and steadied myself.

"Don't talk to her like that." Jake stepped in front of me.

"Or what?" He smirked.

"You'll have to deal with us." Alex and the other boys came from behind us.

"I'm more powerful than all of you combined." He laughed.

"Ryan!" Francine sighed.
"This is why I didn't want to bring you."